Drop Axe-Edit before turning off Axe is good practice

josephyballew

Inspired
If you have Axe edit up with your Axe FX, close down Axe Edit before turning off your Axe FX. It will destroy the USB driver if you don't. Not a hard fix. Just uninstall the old driver and reinstall the USB driver. Just put this under stuff not to do.
I turned off my Axe last night before going to bed leaving Axe Edit running. Got up this morning and nothing could see anything. I knew exactly what I did. You know we cause most of our own grief.

Not saying it’s not a valid warning, but I’ve turned off my Axe III countless times and didn’t close Axe-Edit and everything works fine still. I’ve left it open for days on end even and things have always connected no problem.

Maybe some other variables at play?

I used to have a usb audio interface that would lose connection when the PC slept... issue with suspended state of the usb driver or soemthing like that.

Not a III owner, but I agree it could be some other variable. I have turned off my II or AX8 with the edit program running many times and never had this problem. I think my computer is almost always asleep at that point though. That machine is Windows 10.

Last edited:
If you have Axe edit up with your Axe FX, close down Axe Edit before turning off your Axe FX. It will destroy the USB driver if you don't. Not a hard fix. Just uninstall the old driver and reinstall the USB driver. Just put this under stuff not to do.
I turned off my Axe last night before going to bed leaving Axe Edit running. Got up this morning and nothing could see anything. I knew exactly what I did. You know we cause most of our own grief.

You have something else going on.

I turn off mine all the time without closing the app. Never had to reinstall anything. W10x64.

Edit: Should also add that my system has been up and running since 2015 with a crap ton of USB devices installed/uninstalled/reinstalled, 3rd party drivers, etc. for phones, audio interfaces, sound cards, blah blah and would probably be considered a nightmare scenario for Axe's USB driver, and it's worked without issue since I started using XL+ and now III.

Last edited:

Please give more details about your OS.

I leave Axe Edit opened, while turn on and off the III. The worst that happened to me was have to restart Axe Edit.
I'm running MacOS High Sierra. I recently updated to Mojave and haven't tested on it yet.

A ridiculous statement.

Back
Top Bottom