DRONE

I'm looking to make a drone affect for pink floyd, brick in the wall,thibderob on u tube does a great job, anyone got any ideas where i should start? thanks

Reverb block hold feature if you want sampled sound from your guitar. Synth block if you want to create the drone from scratch.

I've see a couple patches with sitar or bagpipe style drones, look on Axe Change and see if they're there. Might help you in the right direction... afaik they're using the synth block to get the drone.

O.K., I've been struggling w/ changing the pitch of the drone note(s) ?

I know it's in the manual somewhere, but damned if I can find it ....

Can someone point me in the right direction !

THANKS !

Maybe this will help :

I absolutely love some of the stuff you come up with. The lead in that is just as awesome as the synth stuff. Did you ever post that patch on axe-change? I know that you had said you had made this one from a Simeon Harris preset. It was you tube videos from guys like you and cooper's solo a week showing the tone that you can get (besides the high gain stuff) from the Axe-FX that made me purchase one. So Thank you.

Thanks ! The preset is near the end of my bank A, available on my blog : Fremen's guitar blog: Update : presets for firmware 16.01
I'm using a different lead sound in the latest version, much better imho
Is that the one from 16.01 in your other video? Where you compare your lead tone through the different firmware versions? I actually some of your stuff but I don't think I have that one. Ill check. Thanks for sharing your presets.

(…)Where you compare your lead tone through the different firmware versions?(…)
I "warmified" my main lead sound since that video, it was too bright. But now I'm going to test Clark Kent's Mesa pack so my go-to lead sound may change again

hope the video is helpful enough, even without captions, for the drone effect ?

I modified the above patch, specifically for Shine on You Crazy Diamond, using the Scene controller feature to shift the pitch.
Please note all chords sound 1/2 step down. Scene 1 is a Gm drone. Scene 2 is Dm, and Scene 3 is Cm. Scene 4 adds delay and vibe on the guitar signal for the big arpeggio.

Attachments

• Shine Synth.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom