Drivers issue?

craiguitar

Power User
My Axe-Fx II XL just stopped working with my PC (Windows 10). I just couldn't get it working again despite several reboots etc. So I tried re-installing the drivers, but no luck. I get an error message (below) during the install. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Capture.PNG

Update. Problem solved. I followed the steps on the support page about drivers (the more in depth version) and, and although a little more complex than instructed (it involved a complete PC reboot) I got it working again. I don't understand why it stopped working in the first place, but at least for now, all is well. To add, this only affected the Axe-Fx II drivers. All that time, My Axe-Fx III was communicating just fine with the PC.

In my experience manning our support email address, I've found that Microsoft operating systems often suffer from strange instabilities like this. Things seem to go wrong suddenly and unpredictably.

In my experience manning our support email address, I've found that Microsoft operating systems often suffer from strange instabilities like this. Things seem to go wrong suddenly and unpredictably.

It is odd, as I didn't change anything at all prior to that, and it's never happened before.... Anyway, the support info was a great help, many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom