Drive pedal and wah-wah together whit expression pedal?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Do someone know is there any chance to use drive blocks whit expression pedal ,I mean using expression pedal to control drive block Mix? I know how set wah-wah to using expression pedal but I need to have drive block and wah-wah together there ,and using one expression pedal to control both of those effects. If someone know how that could be set up would be nice to know ,what I must do to get drive block working whit expression pedal whit wah-wah.

Here is clip what im trying to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQ7HaYnjIk

I unfortunately use FCB1010 midi pedal ,its little bit different that that midi device. And also I don't use scenes ,Im only using regular presets chance. I have there drive block and wah-wah block ,I want control those two together whit one expression pedal.

Chris from KKMmusic has a tutorial on his site . Hope the vid might help you...:)

So the drive level changes while you use the wah? It sounds like he just turns the fuzz on or off.

Explain more exactly what you want to do.

Scenes have nothing to do with this.

If you know how to program your FCB then you can still use that video, just do the Axe-Fx changes the same.

Yes like you did say when I rock expression pedal ,it will chance wah-wah voicing and also same time fuzz tone/mix. Im not 100% sure in that clip is there mix value chances like dry to wet ,or are that fuzz 100% wet and its only chance voicing when that dude rock that pedal. But I want exactly same style effect octave fuzz whit wah-wah ,working same way in my expression pedal. And would be more easy to try replicate that ,if someone can tell me how I set drive pedal mix or other values for expression pedal. I hope you did understand what I mean?

So the drive level changes while you use the wah? It sounds like he just turns the fuzz on or off.

Explain more exactly what you want to do.

Scenes have nothing to do with this.

If you know how to program your FCB then you can still use that video, just do the Axe-Fx changes the same.

So when you wah up, there's more drive? When you wah down, there's less drive?

Just assign the same modifier to the Drive parameter in the drive block and Control parameter in the wah block.

Yeah wah up more drive ,wah down less drive or backwards same thing. But overall point is exactly same ,only need to figured out how I set that for expression pedal. Control normal wah-wah whit drive block together ,wah-wah rocking in normal way and drive pedal up or down less or more drive. I will try tonight to figured out those ,but if someone have solution for that kind of routing let me know.

So when you wah up, there's more drive? When you wah down, there's less drive?

Just assign the same modifier to the Drive parameter in the drive block and Control parameter in the wah block.

IMHO, that is not what I hear in that video. The first example is the Wha alone, and the second example is the the Wha + "Octave Fuzz'. I don't hear any change in the Fuzz itself when rocking the pedal?? The Fuzz is making the Wha effect more extreme.

Try putting a "Drive" block with the "Octave Dist." model before the Wha block. Might get you there??

There's no special routing. Assign the modifier to 2 parameters, Drive and Control.

Yeah there is wah-wah and octave fuzz together ,would be very nice to know routing for that tone and pedal. Is there wah-wah effect before Octave fuzz or after ,and is that Octave fuzz in series or how that block must be there. And in that video how that Octave fuzz is working there ,raising tone gain or both of those. Those are things what would be very nice to know? I now know how set drive blocks to expression pedal whit wah-wah engage ,would be nice to know that pedal routing now.

IMHO, that is not what I hear in that video. The first example is the Wha alone, and the second example is the the Wha + "Octave Fuzz'. I don't hear any change in the Fuzz itself when rocking the pedal?? The Fuzz is making the Wha effect more extreme.

Try putting a "Drive" block with the "Octave Dist." model before the Wha block. Might get you there??

Similar to Moke, my ears don't detect any change in the fuzz either. Maybe my ears are too old. ;) I'm not at my AxeFX presently, but another idea might be to try the wah block and drive block in parallel. Good luck.

Yeah i have thinking too are there any fuzz parameter chance going on ,or is that only whit octave fuzz engage and use some regular fuzz settings only. But its sounds so powerful that it makes hard to discovery what there is happening. But below is photos where we can see inside of that pedal ,maybe someone can explain how that fuzz are wired there and what there are happening.

freestompboxes.org • View topic - Dunlop GCB-95O

Similar to Moke, my ears don't detect any change in the fuzz either. Maybe my ears are too old. ;) I'm not at my AxeFX presently, but another idea might be to try the wah block and drive block in parallel. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom