Bug? Drive knob shows wrong values & Edited led always on

I am having issues on the drive knob leds as they showing different values as I scroll through my scenes and go back again. Sometimes the right values than simply nothing than sometimes only the first led lights up. It's a bit frustrating but the sound is ok. Even if all the leds are off the amount of drive is as it is set at the scene.

Another issue is that the "Edited" led stays on even if I scroll through my presets.

I am also having this issue as well:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-edit-time-out-block-definitions.135304/
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-connection-fail.131374/

I really need help because I do not want to loose my trust in this really good sounding and handy device....

AX8-Edit 1.8.7
FW 9.04

i haven't seen this issue reported before, and haven't experienced it myself, so this isn't wide-spread. any chance you can make a simple video showing this? it may help troubleshoot.

is your AX8 new? used? did you install the latest firmware yourself, or did you get it with 9.04?

Hi Chris :)
I bought my device new about one and a half year ago. I installed the 9.04 FW today but the drive knob issue was the same with 9.03.

Here I scroll though scenes (FS 1-2-3-4) and the Drive knob has the issue:

Here I scroll though Presets and the "edited" led stays on:

I only saved the full bank but I guess it will do it (the ax8 is at the rehearsal room a district away at the moment).
The exact preset is the very first one named "Firkin".

Attachments

• 180210-143057-preset-bank-20.syx
    101.2 KB · Views: 2
Strange? It seems to have something to do with the Scene Controller attached to the Drive parameter? I have a scene controller attached to the drive parameter on many of my presets, but they do not act this way? The LED display on the drive knob does not update with the controller changes, I always wish it had. But it seems to on your preset, but once it does update, it seems to go wonky after that?

Yes, I'am using the drive level attached to sceens creating virtual "channels" of the amp. Sometimes it shows the right value sometimes nothing or just one led. Luckily the sound is as it was set.

Yes, I can confirm this for my unit, too. Haven‘t tried your preset but I‘ve noticed it some time ago when I first played around with scene controllers. I always thought this was normal. If I remember it correctly when connected to AX8-Edit the leds seem to update accordingly (most of the times). Hmm, sounds like some units have a different behavior? What‘s the serial of your units? Mine is AX8-16-05-363 and I got it by the end of June 2016. Think it was manufactured in the US.

My Ax8 (9.04) had this problem two or three times these last days : edited LEd always on.
Turn off and turn on to fix it.

Good day everyone. I actually experienced part of this problem last weekend at a gig. I usually activate the Tuner during breaks, but when I did that the Edit Light came on and a parameter window pops up. I have noticed playing the Edit light sometimes randomly comes on but I can usually switch patches and it goes out. Last weekend it popped on more than normal. Bad things going through my head about something really going wrong at a gig and should I go back to a real amp. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom