Drive Effect Block

markmusicman

Experienced
Any suggestions on which drive effect block you find the best for kicking in the sustain a bit. Right now I am using the BB and it sounds pretty nice. Just wondering what others have found. Looking to get that perfect feedback at low levels.

Any suggestions on which drive effect block you find the best for kicking in the sustain a bit. Right now I am using the BB and it sounds pretty nice. Just wondering what others have found. Looking to get that perfect feedback at low levels.

Personally I find the BB the nicest drive block and I use it the way you describe.

T808 OD. Drive around 2.2, Level at 10, and Mix around 25%.

These settings let me turn a clean tone into a slightly dirty tone (also nice for single note riffs), and add sustain and smoothness and a bit of saturation to higher gain tones. Without totally altering the basic tone.

ZenDrive (or whatever Cliff called it - sorry, not near my unit) sounds sweet to me for this purpose. But lots of good choices and fun to play around with.

T808 OD. Drive around 2.2, Level at 10, and Mix around 25%.

These settings let me turn a clean tone into a slightly dirty tone (also nice for single note riffs), and add sustain and smoothness and a bit of saturation to higher gain tones. Without totally altering the basic tone.

Good result, I never thought to lower the Mix, thanks for the tip :encouragement:

Man sometimes I don't think of everything either just as Algone I never thought to turn the mix down. Now I have found just the right amount of gain and drop the mix down to around 45% this really helped to retain the tone and give me those controlled feedbacks. Still am working it but almost have right there where it sounds great. Don't overlook the mix!

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom