Drive Block suggestions for low/mid gain tone in front of a clean amp ?

R.D.

Power User
I'll be using the CA3+ Clean and I need a drive block suggestion to get a ( describe it how you want ) ..., semi-clean ..., pushed-clean ..., low-gain type tone ( etal ) ... ?

I thought before I played the hunt 'n' peck game that I'd see if the forum had any suggestions on what may have worked for you !

THANKS !

Try the FAS boost (or the FET for a smooth push) ... play with using the drive block volume/gain to "drive " the amp while keeping the "drive" parameter low (0.8-2.2) to not over-distort/clip at the drive block. Tone to taste.

Optionally, put a controller on the input trim of the amp and change that with scenes, exp. pedals, etc. Use that along with a drive block if needed.

And yet another option is to place a x/y amp state in your patch and flip to y with more gain/drive/boost.

Have fun!

These are ALL great suggestions and I'll use them as my starting point in my search ....

I should add that I tried the Scene controllers, but that didn't really work because I'm using an X/Y amp config and I can't have the controllers on the Y amp .... AFAIK - controllers won't separate on the X/Y axis ....

Also, I need the Drive block to pretty much create the entire tone ..., because I can't have much of a volume boost ..., and usually if you use the Drive like a traditional Overdrive, it's going to boost up the amp volume as it hits the input harder ....

Last edited:
Nice to see questions about both Drive Blocks as a way to get a decent overdrive tone AND stuff about low/mid gain tones. I'm all for my Dual Rec and Friedman tones, but most of my gigs are more in the mid-gain realm... the Matchless/Budda/JTM45 with pedals world. I'd love to read more about getting the most out of the drive block. Thanks for the thread.

oh, and I will add... the Ruckus Drive with the drive below 1 (like .5) is a nice smooth drive that can be really great for some purposes.

Back
Top Bottom