Drinking alcohol while creating a preset?

Wondering if it’s just me…drinking alcohol and creating a preset makes the end result sound totally different when sober… anyone else experience this? I literally name my saved presets with “drunk” in parentheses to know the difference lol.
This is probably the best topic of the year . Finally some fun in this forum . 😅

I very rarely do alcohol, but this happened: the moral of the story is, "don't eat and do guitar work at the same time." I just dipped my pick in hummus and almost put it in my mouth. OK, actually, after I saw what happened, I actually DID put it in my mouth.

I very rarely do alcohol, but this happened: the moral of the story is, "don't eat and do guitar work at the same time." I just dipped my pick in hummus and almost put it in my mouth. OK, actually, after I saw what happened, I actually DID put it in my mouth.
Well, hummus is delicious... ;)

I swallowed a Dunlop Tortex Green pick in the late 80's at band rehearsal.
Still waiting for it to pass. ;)

Seriously, though.... I would put it in my mouth when doing the two-handed
tapping thing and something startled me mid song, and I inhaled really quick.
GULP!! Did I just do that???!!!!

Kind of freaked me out at the time. More than kind of, to be hoonest. I could feel
it in my throat lodged half way down. The bass player got me to eat a piece of white
bread and drink a glass of milk right away. So bass players can be handy. ;)

Now I NEVER put a pick in my mouth---not even if it has Hummus on it. :)

Patches changeing when the alcohol wears off is nothing compared to some of the women I’ve met while drinking.

I once failed a calculus test because I was drunk.

Don’t drink and derive!

Man, when I start telling math jokes I know I need to go out and get laid.

I got to hangout with Pantera some back in the day, they played the same clubs as us and we all got drunk every night we gigged. They got up onstage with us one night in Dallas and played this buds for you , the Budweiser song and they thrashed it half way thru! It was awesome. They kicked Phil out for smoking pot in the beer garden with our bass player. They couldn't kick our bass player out because we were booked the whole week! Ha! Great times. Needless to say, I don't drink much anymore, I over did it back then.
Awesome 😀
I’ve played one single show in my life completely wasted.
Best show ever.
When it was over, I couldn’t believe how much fast, expressive and articulated my playing had been.
Then I looked at my bandmates faces: I’ll never forget the looks of deep disgust.
They forced me to watch the recording, and I’ve never, ever played drunk again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom