Dream Theatre sound, wanted!

What song? It won't load for me.

I'm guessing This Dying Soul? Compressor, Phaser, clean amp.

Here I am hahaha
And a shout to mr. Kent too!

First things first, the guitar is tuned to D..
The amp used in this recording was the RoadKing, so go for the Recto 2 Red MDRN..
And get Cab Pack 7, this is a must. If you already bought it, try combinations between SM57 and MD421 and the Alloy folder too..

And of course, I can give it a try for you if needed =)

EDIT

Give my JP ToneClones a try.. =)
Click the Axe Change link in my signature (read the description for cabs)
|
|
\/

Last edited:
Hahahaha I love how things work automatically nowadays. I'm trying to do a straight month without talking about my own Cab Packs so I will keep this short. :lol

Vitor has great Petrucci tones so I would take his advice. :)

Other than that Train Of Thought is my favorite Dream Theater album. Best songs and tones from Petrucci although Suspended Animation is also amazing. Recto 2 Red Modern sim. Remember to keep the gain pretty low for that tone. Even the leads are pretty dry. You really have to learn to pick accurately and not try to cheat by having a lot of gain. It requires a lot more skill than playing on a Mark series amp with a crazy amount of gain. :)

Petrucci used an SM57-MD421 combination for these tones.

Don´t listen to Clark. His mic robot does all the hard work (when Irotlas is passed out) and Clark just collects the money :)
I´m still waiting that "Get the CK mic robot" signature...
And the day will come when I have something to say for the actual topic :)

Don´t listen to Clark. His mic robot does all the hard work (when Irotlas is passed out) and Clark just collects the money :)
I´m still waiting that "Get the CK mic robot" signature...
And the day will come when I have something to say for the actual topic :)

That's exactly how the robot works. I turn it on, take a nap, wake up and boom! I have a new Cab Pack for you guys. :D

You put the term "Petrucci" or "Mark IV" in your thread title and then wait for him to come sniffing around to peddle his cab packs. ;):mrgreen;)

Having "Dream Theater" in the thread title should also work, so he should be showing up any minute now. :)

That was awesome.

Hahahaha I love how things work automatically nowadays. I'm trying to do a straight month without talking about my own Cab Packs so I will keep this short. :lol

Vitor has great Petrucci tones so I would take his advice. :)

Other than that Train Of Thought is my favorite Dream Theater album. Best songs and tones from Petrucci although Suspended Animation is also amazing. Recto 2 Red Modern sim. Remember to keep the gain pretty low for that tone. Even the leads are pretty dry. You really have to learn to pick accurately and not try to cheat by having a lot of gain. It requires a lot more skill than playing on a Mark series amp with a crazy amount of gain. :)

Petrucci used an SM57-MD421 combination for these tones.

Hmmm... I really hate that part where you talked about not cheating with crazy amounts of gain.

Trying to sound like Petrucci without cheating to do it? Count me out. ; )

Back
Top Bottom