AFIII Dream Theater - Octavarium solo cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
I don’t know about you, but I love a good melody. Shredding is fun, but for me I can’t listen to a relentless barrage of non-stop shred for more than a song or 2. That’s why I’ve always loved John Petrucci as he’s always mixed the insane shred with beautiful, soaring melodies. One of my favorite outro solos is from the Dream Theater song “Octavarium.” It has everything I like in a solo, something that actually contributes to the song itself, instead of just being a platform to show off how fast you can play. So last night I recorded this fantastic solo using my Suhr Modern into my Axe-Fx III. All the guitars you hear are me, the backing track is from youtube. I used the same preset as this thread https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...f-times-solo-with-preset.159768/#post-1913576

Ah Thank you. Now I just need to match some good cabs with this because I don't believe I have those OH cabs
Do a search in the cab block for OH, you'll see the Factory 2 bank cabs 773, 775, 867, 869, 947 and 949 would likely be good choices to get you in the ballpark

I have the Bogner cab pack and it automatically put the Bogner412 mix 6 and mix 11 in it so I'll see what that does first. if it don't sound right I'll try your route. I do have a OH cab pack for when I had the Helix so I'll also look to see if your cabs are in there.

Do a search in the cab block for OH, you'll see the Factory 2 bank cabs 773, 775, 867, 869, 947 and 949 would likely be good choices to get you in the ballpark

Back
Top Bottom