Dream Theater: Metropolis Pt. 1 Preset

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Ultimate Dream Theater Preset: Metropolis Pt. 1

I uploaded a corrupted preset along with my Scenes tutorial video earlier this month that did not have the correct bypass states. Here is the corrected version.

This is my goto patch for most Dream Theater songs, but it is specifically designed with "Metropolis" in mind because it features Scene 4, which is the custom delay setting for the intro.

Scene 1: Clean
Scene 2: Rhythm
Scene 3: Chorused Rhythm
Scene 4: Intro Rhythm
Scene 5: Lead (more gain than the album...designed more after the live lead tone with a lot of gain)

See it in action here: Using Scenes on the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101 - YouTube

Enjoy!

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Metropolis - by CCRoyalSenders

Last edited:
I have downloaded the preset back onto my computer and into my Axe-Fx and have no issues. Everything working as normal, unlike with the initial patch posted earlier this month.

Thanks for sharing! Any way you can do a video on building complex presets from scratch with stacking blocks? (especially with Axe Edit not working right now) My favorite presets are Mesa/Petrucci based as well and downloading patches only occasionally sounds as good as one would expect in my experience.

Awesome - I'm going to be checking this one out. Your Fender Rig patch sounds really great as well...

I uploaded a corrupted preset along with my Scenes tutorial video earlier this month that did not have the correct bypass states. Here is the corrected version.
This is my goto patch for most Dream Theater songs, but it is specifically designed with "Metropolis" in mind because it features Scene 4, which is the custom delay setting for the intro.
Scene 1: Clean
Scene 2: Rhythm
Scene 3: Chorused Rhythm
Scene 4: Intro Rhythm
Scene 5: Lead (more gain than the album...designed more after the live lead tone with a lot of gain)
See it in action here: Using Scenes on the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101 - YouTube
Enjoy!
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Metropolis - by CCRoyalSenders
Last edited by ccroyalsenders; Yesterday at 12:54 AM.

I have a problem : I can play 1 3 5 8 scene only... 2 4 is not funkcionally... where is mistake? THX :p

I have downloaded the preset back onto my computer and into my Axe-Fx and have no issues. Everything working as normal, unlike with the initial patch posted earlier this month.

I downloaded the latest preset and found no sound through it. I tweaked it but not sure what I'm missing on this one...?

It looks as though some of the blocks save in Y instead of X when downloading. In my case it was the delay block. I also had to import the cab block from Cooper's original preset. With those changes this is one phenomenal preset! Thanks Cooper!

Same here.. Scene 2 and 4 doesn't work and i can't see the routing on this two ones to understand why doen't come no sound from them...:cry

How do you guys load the preset? I loaded it using Sysex Librarian, works fine, all scenes.
Don't use AE.

Only thing is that the Cab block seems to be a global block, pointing to an user cab, so you have to select the correct cabs to get sound.

I had to unlink the global blocks (just hit enter twice on the recall screen) then it works fine. Great preset thanks!

in the original version there was a volume pedal block in there too , if this is still in there turn it off. I had the same
problem with the original patch (which BTW works fine I just had to go back and watch the video to see what was on/off in each scene and i configured it myself.)

That rhythm tone is SO good. Clear and articulate yet huge and heavy at the same time.

Out of curiosity though, what cab IRs were you using with this? I had to reset it to get any sound, I've been using the OH beta myself.

Add another request for the Fender rig :)

DO NOT use Axe Edit. There should be no issues if you use a midi librarian. Alex, I have no idea why there is a user IR in there. I am not having that problem. I use a stock cab in this preset.

I installed the patch with MIDI-OX (I had a little trouble understanding) and Metropolis works very well.

Noted that at earlier I had no problem with all the other patches with Axe Edit (although he should not use it with the latest firmware)

Thank you again ccroyalsenders

I installed the patch with MIDI-OX (I had a little trouble understanding) and Metropolis works very well.

Noted that at earlier I had no problem with all the other patches with Axe Edit (although he should not use it with the latest firmware)

Thank you again ccroyalsenders

Glad you're enjoying it!

Glad you're enjoying it!

Hey hey,
I downloaded your preset and slammed them into the back end of my MARK V and 4 x 12 trad recto cab...a few tweaks for me..but OMG... I have cab sims off but if I want to try it in FRFR (Q12A) what cab sim do you use. The download with .sysx fills factor cab1 @ 1 x 6 oval.. cant be that..lol Would love to hear it in true FRFR..Please..
KP

Back
Top Bottom