• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Dream Theater - "Fatal Tragedy" solo with preset

nhgtrman

FAS Social Media Advocate
What's your favorite Dream Theater guitar solo? In honor of the 20th anniversary of Scenes From A Memory being played in full on the Distance Over Time Tour, here's my favorite solo off that album, Fatal Tragedy! I got a decent tonematch of Petrucci's actual solo(wasn't perfect as the stem had the rhythm and lead guitar on it), that preset will be attached below. Scene 1 is the lead guitar sound with tonematch, scene 2 is the rhythm patch I used, no tone match, just 2 factory cabs. Used my Charvel Pro Mod DK24 and my Axe-Fx III direct to Logic! All guitars here are me. This is Firmware 5.00 Beta 3

Attachments

Last edited:

JOHNNYROCKIT

Experienced
ASTONISHING... well done and for me, very inspirational!
Thank you for this and all your great posts.
Thanks for the useful preset too.
Rock-On Rocker! :cool:

nhgtrman

FAS Social Media Advocate
ASTONISHING... well done and for me, very inspirational!
Thank you for this and all your great posts.
Thanks for the useful preset too.
Rock-On Rocker! :cool:
Thanks so much!!

How do you like that guitar?

I keep seeing the Shell Pink one on Reverb and I'm tempted ;)
Absolutely love the guitar, plays incredible! I played the pink one too, but I wanted the HSH setup. Both play insanely good for the money!

Freds55

Power User
What's your favorite Dream Theater guitar solo? In honor of the 20th anniversary of Scenes From A Memory being played in full on the Distance Over Time Tour, here's my favorite solo off that album, Fatal Tragedy! I got a decent tonematch of Petrucci's actual solo(wasn't perfect as the stem had the rhythm and lead guitar on it), that preset will be attached below. Scene 1 is the lead guitar sound with tonematch, scene 2 is the rhythm patch I used, no tone match, just 2 factory cabs. Used my Charvel Pro Mod DK24 and my Axe-Fx III direct to Logic! All guitars here are me. This is Firmware 5.00 Beta 3
Wow way to jam that was awesome:)

Kamil Kisiel

Power User
One of my all time favourite solos. Funny story, but when I first got that album as a teenager I always assumed that Jordan Rudess's solos were also electric guitar. I always wondered "how the heck did he get that tone?" It wasn't until I saw the Live Scenes from New York DVD that I discovered that it was keyboards, I was totally blown away...

Top Bottom