Dream Theater - Fatal Tragedy Solo - Axe Fx Ultra

nice! can you explain the difference between the 2 takes? i don't understand what i'm listening to.

The solo is bang on but the difference in the two takes is that the first one is recorded in an open live room and the second one is direct.
So, if the intent was to demonstrate the difference between "matched EQ and IR" vs. non-matched then its kinda useless... :(
Would have been better if both recordings were direct.

A to the T explained really well I think. In first video sound coming from camera mic and second one is direct from Axe-Fx Ultra. Yea maybe I should just say direct recording instead of "mached EQ..." to much information...
I just want to show two options because sometimes when I watch videos I want to hear both to understand the guitar tone better. Also in direct recordings people can think that all sound is edited :) lol

Hey Azael, for now I don't have midi connection cable and I have to spend some time with Axe Edit as I understand. Than of course I can share the patch.

I had a crack at learning that for a bit of fun once. I think I got a few bars in and decided I couldn't be bothered anymore. :lol

That's some very nice playing there, and it sounds like you've dialed in a pretty sweet tone there. :)

Hi guys,
I just bought an Axe Fx Ultra and loved that. You can see my first video with my Axe fx below.
Please give your comments about my playing and guitar tone.

Can you explain the little man that appears on top of the right speaker at 1:00 in the video?

E8vgp1I.png

It looks like someone commented on it in Turkish on the Youtube page, but Google Translate tells me it means "1:00 in addition to the toy."

Also, your playing is great and the tone is very good, thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom