Dream Theater - Fatal Tragedy full cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
Just for "fun" last night I decided to record all the guitar parts using a backing track from youtube. This song is tough, my playings not perfect, but it was a good workout trying to get this one done. I used 2 patches on my Axe FX II(using latest quantum 2.0), one from vitor mancini and one from cab pack 7, chocolate cake. Check it out

Last edited:
This is the lead preset used, you'll need 2 IR's from Cab Pack 7. Uses the CK Chocolate Cake IR and CK USA Trad SM57 D3

Attachments

• CK CHOCOLATE CAKE.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 26
Wicked job on a tough song dude. You said it wasn't perfect, I'd say you're at about 99.5% on this one! Some of those rhythm parts are really tough, and I thought you nailed the solos. Great tones too!

I'm working on covering an earlier DT song myself right now, this was great inspiration to keep grinding!

Wicked job on a tough song dude. You said it wasn't perfect, I'd say you're at about 99.5% on this one! Some of those rhythm parts are really tough, and I thought you nailed the solos. Great tones too!

I'm working on covering an earlier DT song myself right now, this was great inspiration to keep grinding!
Wow man thanks for the kind words! Thank you. I did Metropolis a few weeks back, that was a pain in the ass too haha. You can hear that one here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/metropolis-pt-1-complete-song.109980/#post-1317284
I think I posted the patches for those too. Post what you finish when you're done your cover!

Wow man thanks for the kind words! Thank you. I did Metropolis a few weeks back, that was a pain in the ass too haha. You can hear that one here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/metropolis-pt-1-complete-song.109980/#post-1317284
I think I posted the patches for those too. Post what you finish when you're done your cover!
I did check out your Metropolis cover as well and it was also really good! That song is a really tough one. Rhythm parts are easier but the leads are just insane at certain points. I don't know when I'll finish the cover I'm working on (my time for learning prog metal is really limited), but when it's completed I'll be sure to post it on the forums! Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom