Dream Theater - Caught in a Web | Video Cover (New Guitar Day!) (Cab Pack 13)

TheTrooper

Inspired
Hey guys,
I recently got this beast and I needed to do a video with it :cool:

I'm running a Dual Amp configuration, with a Dual Recto/L and a Mark IIC+/R with 2 IRs from Cab Pack 13: SM57- MD421 02 and SM57- R121 03 (I think......but it works best with just the 1st IR on both sides)

I had to split the Rhythm part and the Lead part because I can't change presets (No MFC).

Hope You guys dig it ;)

kick ass dude! one of my fav albums from one of my fav bands.. did it justice man

Your technique is really good. Very efficient with both hands.

Hey Thanks guys!
The chromatic/unison part is really good to warm up to, lets the blood flow to the fingers pretty easily.

Yeah sounds like a good exercise. I done a cover of Erotomania a while back and there are sections in that song great for warming up too. :)

Yeah sounds like a good exercise. I done a cover of Erotomania a while back and there are sections in that song great for warming up too. :)

Yep, JP's Awake period is so extremely rich of chromatic runs and bits; not really much on I&W (Under a Glass Moon only I think) but it really peaked on Awake.
I really like this kind of chromatic runs that still sound very "In the song", no matter how strange they are.
Even the pre-chorus riff has this all over it, and it feels really spontaneous.

There was a clinic(?) where he did a Chopin piece that was all chromaticism and it was posted on Guitar World has a lesson;
I might give a look at it with the hope to get a better glimpse in the "chromatic scale world"

Back
Top Bottom