Dream Theater Behind The Veil Tone Match

Cool man! :) I think that's pretty damn close already. Maybe sounds like JP has more gain... as we all know that guy LOVES GAIN! :D And other than that might be a tiny reverb on the original track.

Kovvaa kammaa!

Sounds great! What cabinet are you using and please post it up on Axe-Change!

No cabinet, it's only amp and tone match block.
Maybe somenoe could confirm how that TM block works if I post the patch?
Does the curve stay there and can you play your own guitar there to match it for you?

Cool man! :) I think that's pretty damn close already. Maybe sounds like JP has more gain... as we all know that guy LOVES GAIN! :D And other than that might be a tiny reverb on the original track.

Kovvaa kammaa!

Thanks PERKELE!
Yes there can be some work to do to get it 100% right.
I was just so amazed how good this is with just 5minute trick :)
Go Axe go!

Someone asked this preset, so I uploaded it into firt post.
Have fun!

---Just remember it´s not done with JPs guitar, it´s PRS SE7.
So maybe you want to match it with your own guitar.

Thanks for adding the patch, but "no cabinet" you say..? Are you miking a 'traditional' guitar amp & cab or just recording direct form the AxeFX with no cab block..?

I wonder how that's going to transpire into other people's set ups..? :?

This certainly isn't a criticism of course nexus, but again, I can't help but think that there's so much potential here for your patch to sound radically different to someone else when they try it on their rig

This is just tone match. It is used direct.
Tone match block is your "cabinet" then. So this is with TM block.
I don´t know what did I say wrong here... it´s not my tweaked preset, it´s Tone Match with direct setup.
So of course it´s going to be different when you use different guitar or pups... you must match it for your guitar, then it´s 100% same.

This is just tone match. It is used direct.
Tone match block is your "cabinet" then. So this is with TM block.
I don´t know what did I say wrong here... it´s not my tweaked preset, it´s Tone Match with direct setup.
So of course it´s going to be different when you use different guitar or pups... you must match it for your guitar, then it´s 100% same.
You said nothing wrong.

You said nothing wrong.

Yep, I thought so :)
After all I did try to download someones tone match preset from axe-change and it does work. But there is no reference curve... so you can´t match it with your own guitar :(
Sure it´s a good tone, but would be perfect if you could match it for you.

Thanks guys!
The preset I shared is tone matched again. So it should be even better than the clip here.
I added gain before tone match and added reverb into signal chain as Clark Kent suggested.

Just adjust that reverb as you like.

Back
Top Bottom