AFIII Dream Theater - ‘The Spirit Carries On’

Your shred club membership must surely be in the mail after this.

Scenes was the first DT album I ever bought and is still my fave; you can really hear the Floyd influence on this track. You did a really great job here!
I almost commented about what seemed to be some Gilmour-isms on some of the bends.

What's the album?

I
I'm assuming it was one of the Mesa models?

Feel like sharing a preset?

Rhythm was 2C++ and the solo was Triaxis Yellow.

I'm not at home, but if I remember correctly was everything pretty standard.
For solo something like Bass ~ 1.5, Middle ~4, Treble ~7, Presence 5, Master ~ 4 and the classic V GEQ.

I think the main difference was I set the drive not too high (Input Drv = 5 and OvrDrv = 9) and the multiband compressor (all bands) after the cab. With the multiband, I could get it to sound even in the mix without squashing everything by just raising the drive.

For the cab block, the IRs were @ML SOUND LAB CK USA Trad 4x12.

Last edited:
Your shred club membership must surely be in the mail after this.

Scenes was the first DT album I ever bought and is still my fave; you can really hear the Floyd influence on this track. You did a really great job here!

Thanks Leon. Nice to hear that. I felt some Gilmour influence in that Petrucci solo since the first time I heard. Seems I'm not alone... :)

Rhythm was 2C++ and the solo was Triaxis Yellow.

I'm not at home, but if I remember correctly was everything pretty standard.
For solo something like Bass ~ 1.5, Middle ~4, Treble ~7, Presence 5, Master ~ 4 and the classic V GEQ.

I think the main difference was I set the drive not too high (Drv1 = 5 and Drv2 = 9) and the multiband compressor (all bands) after the cab. I could get it to sound even in the mix without squashing everything by just raising the drive.

For the cab block, the IRs were @ML SOUND LAB CK USA Trad 4x12.
Thanks.

For Drv1 and Drv2 do you mean Input Drive and Overdrive?

Back
Top Bottom