Dream Marshall Rig

neale dunham

Experienced
So here's the idea......

Build a dream Marshall Rig from The Axe fx 3 Marshall Models.

We need A killer Clean sound (somehow). Lol. A low gain crunch, a high gain crunch, and a lead sound of some description.

You can use any of the Marshall sims so it is not necessary to get all of these sounds from one amp.

For example, Jtm45 for clean, Jtm45 jump for low gain, Jcm800 for high crunch and HJS410 for lead.

Give it a go I would be interested to hear the responses!

Not quite what I meant.....

That’s just one guys version of what HE thinks is great tone.

-Tbh I didn’t think it sounded all that good.

So, what do YOU guys think is a great Marshall tone?

How are you getting a great Marshall rig??

What amps are you guys using with what guitars and how are you dialling in the tones??

Haha. No problems. I am that guy, for the record. Noted. Thanks.
I think it sounds great! As a matter of fact I love all the presets you've done do far Burgs, I find they sound great and are really helpful for learning how to dial in my own presets!

That

What amps are you guys using with what guitars and how are you dialling in the tones??

Can I suggest you check the attitude a bit.

Someone gives you a complete video and you just dismiss it.

Maybe spend sometime understanding what they’ve done and why?

For clean - JTM45 or any Plexi is amazing.

What do you mean by great Marshall tone?

Why are you asking about guitar choice?

Etc

I use a Brit Silver w tubescreamer
A few mods through greenbacks for the crunch and lead tones
I keep trying to make a better one but thats what i am stuck on
The JVM orange and Satriani amp are also killer choices

So for the crunch higain and lead stuff
One of those 3

Excellent Response Randalljax!

Exactly what this thread is looking for.

I myself am favouring the Jtm45 normal for clean work using a Prs Ce-24 with a Jcm800 for power rhythm work and then a dimed Plexi for high gain crunch and to top it off a Hjs410 Red channel for lead.

That said..... im not exactly a huge fan of the jtm45. It just seems pedestrian to use it...

I wonder if anyone else favours, or has had any luck using a different Marshall and got a Stella Clean from it? Or perhaps using a Different Guitar such as a strat and getting better high gain sounds using a less than obvious Marshall head?

The possibilities with the Axe 3 are quite staggering so lets hear from any of you guys that are getting results from Marshall models not necessarily fames for their use.

ERR.....

so far I as checked... freedom of speech has not been outlawed here YET in the UK.

Actually, if you read his response, he is not at all offended by my comments??

Moreover, I wasn't looking for a video to hear what the amps sound like.... I know what they sound like...we all know what they sound like....

I am looking for individuals that have taken the time to dig a little deeper and search for different tones within different amp sims.

Sheesh!

ERR.....

so far I as checked... freedom of speech has not been outlawed here YET in the UK.

Actually, if you read his response, he is not at all offended by my comments??

Moreover, I wasn't looking for a video to hear what the amps sound like.... I know what they sound like...we all know what they sound like....

I am looking for individuals that have taken the time to dig a little deeper and search for different tones within different amp sims.

Sheesh!
Perhaps reread what YOU posted in the OP. You said "build a dream Marshall rig". You said nothing about "digging deeper" or "different tones".

And I didn't say Burgs was offended, I said you insulted his work. Which you did.

I'm out...

To be honest, I expected the kinda answer that Randalljax gave above.

He seemed to understand the question without difficulty or worrying about what was said to who and whether it was offensive or not. Regardless of whether it was taken in that manner.

So if anyone else has any ideas on how to build a dream Marshall rig using any sims that don’t necessarily

......continued...
don t necessarily use the Marshall amps you would associate the sounds with then please feel free the post in.

I wont insult you..... I promise!

lol

Here's an idea, give Burgs feedback as to what you are looking for compared to his tones and why his aren't what you're looking for.
His reputation for making a vast amount of gear sound great, leads me to believe he can lead you in the right direction if you explain the difference of what you are looking for vs what you are hearing.

Is there someones tone that your looking to comp. How would set up your real Marshall to accomplish what you're looking for and what model would you use in the real world. These are all valid questions that could help get you there. There are generationally a lot of different Marshall tones throughout the history of the line. What's your favorite era? JTM, JCM800, 900, 2205, JVM,?
I used to own the JMD-1 50 watt head that had a history of Marshall tones. 4 each for clean, crunch, drive, lead. the 4 cleans all sounded very different.

Any way, trying to be helpful and hopefully not too obnoxious! 😊

Here's an idea, give Burgs feedback as to what you are looking for compared to his tones and why his aren't what you're looking for.
His reputation for making a vast amount of gear sound great, leads me to believe he can lead you in the right direction if you explain the difference of what you are looking for vs what you are hearing.

Is there someones tone that your looking to comp. How would set up your real Marshall to accomplish what you're looking for and what model would you use in the real world. These are all valid questions that could help get you there. There are generationally a lot of different Marshall tones throughout the history of the line. What's your favorite era? JTM, JCM800, 900, 2205, JVM,?
I used to own the JMD-1 50 watt head that had a history of Marshall tones. 4 each for clean, crunch, drive, lead. the 4 cleans all sounded very different.

Any way, trying to be helpful and hopefully not too obnoxious! 😊

Yes I use a lot of Burgs stuff
Great player Great tones
Always look fwd to his vids

@ the Op one of the biggest things to me is the Cab i like Leon Todds
Free TV mix 2 but also use the ML
PR75 55 a lot it works well w the plexi 800 variants

Back
Top Bottom