Drastic Changes to SV Bass Amp After Update

Birdy

Inspired
I bought my XL+ a few years ago with Quantum 8.02 and haven't updated it since.
Today I tried updating to Ares 2.0

I have a few very important presets that are based on the SV Bass amp (for both guitar and bass), and I've noticed that after the update, there are 2 SV Bass amp models now, and my presets went from a completley clean sound to a badly distorted one.

I have since reverted back to Quantum 8.02.
Does anyone know where can I find the documentation for that amp model change?
Or rather how can I set it to sound like my Q8 presets in the Ares 2 firmware?

Thanks

did you try reducing the input drive before you went back?

the Release notes would tell you if any specific changes were made. it's in the folder with the FW you downloaded.

If I remember correctly (which I might not, it's been a long time!), the 2nd model is the old one and the 1st model is the new one.

You might just try swapping the model.

Of course, a lot changed between Quantum 8 and Quantum 20, and then more changes to Ares 2.0.

did you try reducing the input drive before you went back?

the Release notes would tell you if any specific changes were made. it's in the folder with the FW you downloaded.
Yeah I tried turning the drive down, but the difference was too big, it didn't return to the original preset tone.
Also, I know it's in the release notes, I just don't know of which version, and I couldn't find a list of all of them.

If I remember correctly (which I might not, it's been a long time!), the 2nd model is the old one and the 1st model is the new one.

You might just try swapping the model.

Of course, a lot changed between Quantum 8 and Quantum 20, and then more changes to Ares 2.0.
I did notice that SV Bass 2 was clean, but when I did switch to it, all of the amp parameters got reset, and honestly I didn't bother copying all of the settings with the second model :D

I remember a gain issue with the Ampeg SVT with early/all (?) versions of Ares, and the solution it of course lower the Input Trim, not the Gain control which effects the bright cap etc. Not sure if it was ever fixed or not, do a search of the forum etc...

Back
Top Bottom