Drama Synth

Sounds good !
I will as soon as possible make it part of my arsenal of spacy sounds :)

If I just knew how to upload presets, I would love to give back some interesting sounds i have developed.

Bloody hell Don - that sounds nuts!

My II is coming in the next couple of weeks and this will be one of the first things I'll be looking at to try to cop - what a great sounding preset.

Cheers dude,
Sukh

Great work!

I really get a vintage synth vibe from that sound! Exepecting Jean Michel Jarre's oxygen to start :)

Jens

Reactions: jon
Seriously Don?!?! All I can say is this patch blew me away and is so incredible I don't even know what to say. You...... are....... amazing...... I know many in the ultra forums are going to miss your priceless contributions. You really show how potential this STILL has. Amazing Don, simply amazing.

Really amazing stuff there Don! :eek: Likewise, I also am inspired by guys like you and simeon who make these awesome sounds out of the same black box that I can't seem to get to sound nearly as good! :D

Still shows that it's not the axe II, but the USER who makes a great sound! ;)

I get a vintage synth vibe like Jens said too - very well done. Mind discussing your approach briefly? I mean I can pop the patch in - but I try to understand what was the reasoning and method of thinking to achieve the sound....

Really amazing stuff there Don! :eek: Likewise, I also am inspired by guys like you and simeon who make these awesome sounds out of the same black box that I can't seem to get to sound nearly as good! :D

Still shows that it's not the axe II, but the USER who makes a great sound! ;)

I get a vintage synth vibe like Jens said too - very well done. Mind discussing your approach briefly? I mean I can pop the patch in - but I try to understand what was the reasoning and method of thinking to achieve the sound....

hehe, thanks.
judging by your join date I am 6 months 'ahead' of you. With a magical black box like this one, where one basically never stops learning, time spent with the unit makes all the difference.
Good thing I have a very understanding gf. ;)

about the patch:
I started with the chorus. 'don't bore us, get to the chorus' :D
I was experimenting with the LFO2, which seems to have an effect only if 2 or more voices are selected.
Then I took what I learned from Simeon's great GR-300 patch and added a FAS Modern + cab to give the synth block more to work with. I liked the sound of the synth block mixed with the amp sound, but didn't like to have the same fx (chorus + plex shift multidelay) on the guitar, so I left the synth block at 100% mix and routed the amp sound around it, giving it just reverb. Then both signals are combined and fed into the MBC at default settings. I lowered the cutoffs of the synth block (voice 1 is automated by LFO1, voice 2 by envelope), made the attack longer and lowpass filtered the synth-chorus-plex shift to make it even more mellow - and that's it.

glad you asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
Hey Don,

Thanks for all of your contributions.

Those of us staying with the Ultra are not in a hurry for you to get the II!
( yeah selfish, but...)

Back
Top Bottom