Dr. Z MAZ 38 patch demo

Glenn DeLaune

Inspired
Here is an original tune I call "Road To Redemption" using my Dr. Maz 38 patch. I use to have this very amp, the real deal, and this patch sounds every bit as good as the actual amp sounded when I owned it. Unfortunately I hurt my back one time carting it around so I got mad at it and sold it. Now it's like i have it back !! I will be including this backing track and some of my other original backing tracks I used in this series as a bonus. Looks like these will go out on Tuesday May 16th. Thanks for all of the support and kind words guys.

I owned the Remedy 'Z' and it was insanely good. Never ever came close with the Ax II or 8. The power grit and punch in the Z amps are one of the toughest tone to replicate. I will listen to your when I get a chance. This is literally the 1st time I have heard of someone besides me who has owned a Dr Z amp then replicated the tone on a fractal product (that I know of).

The downside for me of the remedy was that it did one tone and that was it. Here is a smaple of what tones I had -poor video from many years ago but you hear the killer 'Z' tone

Influenced by Eric Johnson's "SRV"? :)
Yes Eric Johnson Influence on this one. I didn't realize it at the time I made this recording but I evidently had heard the Eric Johnson song "Trademark" years earlier and it is similar in some parts of this song.

Wow, sounds fantastic Glenn and def a good fit for Trademark. A friend of mine has the Maz 18 and loves it above all the amps he's tried. Will this preset be available soon

I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it!

in the meantime, while Glenn dangles his wares for ya,until he decides to sell em to ya , may I suggest the new Maz preset in Cliff's newly updated Bank A for FW8, easily Fractooled for AX8.....sounds amazing.

Tasty and very EJ in a twangy way, but back to the Z amp thing. Do you feel the punch of a Dr Z amp with your pre set? Super hard to tell with the sample. Kind of an in the room punch you in the chest thing as I remember. Was not trying to derail your thread with my video, I just feel like you can get a feel for a baseline Z tone hearing it.

Tasty and very EJ in a twangy way, but back to the Z amp thing. Do you feel the punch of a Dr Z amp with your pre set? Super hard to tell with the sample. Kind of an in the room punch you in the chest thing as I remember. Was not trying to derail your thread with my video, I just feel like you can get a feel for a baseline Z tone hearing it.

Oh Yes Sir, when I have this patch going my Firehawk 1500 for stage sound, at real world "live gig" volumes it sounds very phat with a ton of sustain!! All of my patches have lots of sustain when going through the PA and an FRFR. Or just going through the PA and no stage sound. Either way they're working great for me.

Nice Glenn! FWIW I got the feeling that if you take away some of the delay / echo it hints of Mark Knopfler as well., Not too shabby!

in the meantime, while Glenn dangles his wares for ya,until he decides to sell em to ya , may I suggest the new Maz preset in Cliff's newly updated Bank A for FW8, easily Fractooled for AX8.....sounds amazing.
Ahah, i love this verb ^^ what's its participle past? Fractoolen ? ^^

Very nice, Glenn! Love the tones. All the paraphernalia lining your walls looks pretty nice too!

Here is an original tune I call "Road To Redemption" using my Dr. Maz 38 patch. I use to have this very amp, the real deal, and this patch sounds every bit as good as the actual amp sounded when I owned it. Unfortunately I hurt my back one time carting it around so I got mad at it and sold it. Now it's like i have it back !! I will be including this backing track and some of my other original backing tracks I used in this series as a bonus. Looks like these will go out on Tuesday May 16th. Thanks for all of the support and kind words guys.

really nice Mr. Glenn

Back
Top Bottom