Wish Dr. Z Carmen Ghia and Supro Saturn (1648RT)

JoKeR III

Fractal Fanatic
Of the amps I've had the ability to own or play through, these are the only two that remain on my GAS list. I believe the CG has been mentioned before in the general amp wish list but there was something very special about the amp through a Celestion Blue that I thought it deserved it's own request. Really great tone from a small package and my first encounter with a tone I would call 3D or dimensional. My understanding is that it's based on a Hammond Reverb amp. This is a schematic I found that people claim to be accurate:
Bp7KRmI.png

The Supro Saturn was a fluke. Went to a guitar shop to try a particular brand of guitar. The only aisle of amps not being used was one with Supros in it. Plugged into the Saturn and was blown away by the character and dimension of the tone. It's the closest I've experienced to the same feel as the Carmen Ghia. Doesn't sound like one, but the feel of dimension was similar. Plugged into a Dual Tone to see if it was a Supro thing and it was kind of 'sterile', no character. Plugged back into the Saturn and was still impressed with the tone. Can't find a schematic for this one so that greatly reduces the chances of it getting added but doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
Of the amps I've had the ability to own or play through, these are the only two that remain on my GAS list. I believe the CG has been mentioned before in the general amp wish list but there was something very special about the amp through a Celestion Blue that I thought it deserved it's own request. Really great tone from a small package and my first encounter with a tone I would call 3D or dimensional. My understanding is that it's based on a Hammond Reverb amp. This is a schematic I found that people claim to be accurate:
Bp7KRmI.png

The Supro Saturn was a fluke. Went to a guitar shop to try a particular brand of guitar. The only aisle of amps not being used was one with Supros in it. Plugged into the Saturn and was blown away by the character and dimension of the tone. It's the closest I've experienced to the same feel as the Carmen Ghia. Doesn't sound like one, but the way the feel of dimension was similar. Plugged into a Dual Tone to see if it was a Supro thing and it was kind of 'sterile', no character. Plugged back into the Saturn and was still impressed with the tone. Can't find a schematic for this one so that greatly reduces the chances of it getting added but doesn't hurt to ask.
+1. The Carmen Ghia sounds great through a Weber Blue Dog, too....

Back
Top Bottom