Wish Dr Z and/or /13

The Z-Wreck would be awesome. Maybe try out the Ruby Rocket or the TW Rocket models in the mean time? Also- the DrZ Route 66 has the same preamp as the Z/28 and the old KT-45, and maybe even the Delta 88? So cue up the Route 66, switch the power tubes to 6V6s, or EL-34s, and have at it!

I tried for awhile to mimic my Z28 with a 1x12 greenback. Got close, but I don't have a studio of goodies to better mic and match things unfortunately.

It's one of the 3 tube amps I still own! Gotta have some glass sometimes ya know.

I'm just pleased that there's a Route 66, which was my main amp before I got the Axe-FX III. I set up an A/B with a Radial and tweaked it until I couldn't tell which was which.

I just visited the Dr. Z website, and it looks like they aren't making any of those older amps with the EF-86 design anymore... A few others, like the Remedy, are gone too. Those were such great amps, I'm surprised they went the way of the dodo.

Reactions: ESW
The Z-Wreck would be awesome. Maybe try out the Ruby Rocket or the TW Rocket models in the mean time? Also- the DrZ Route 66 has the same preamp as the Z/28 and the old KT-45, and maybe even the Delta 88? So cue up the Route 66, switch the power tubes to 6V6s, or EL-34s, and have at it!
WOW! I LOVE THAT RUBY ROCKET. It was definitely bright. I found myself immediately reaching for the TREBLE KNOB in the amp block. Any other advice for a new AX III User? I didn't realize it was the Trainwreck. I typically like my sounds to be thicker and thumpier. If there is such a thing. I am Mesa Boogie lover and finally making the switch to this world. WOW!

I cannot thank you enough.

WOW! I LOVE THAT RUBY ROCKET. It was definitely bright. I found myself immediately reaching for the TREBLE KNOB in the amp block. Any other advice for a new AX III User? I didn't realize it was the Trainwreck. I typically like my sounds to be thicker and thumpier. If there is such a thing. I am Mesa Boogie lover and finally making the switch to this world. WOW!

I cannot thank you enough.

The Ruby is great, but you should also try the Comet 60 , which obviously is a model of the Komet 60. A Ken Fischer design he did for Komet - both the real amp and the model in the Axe III are so great, and changes in power tube and input trim change the amp quite a bit. I use KT66, EL 34 and 6L6's in the power amp depending on my mood and what the preset / song needs.

Back
Top Bottom