Dr Z Amps

MKeditor

Experienced
Most of the amps I use these days are very close to the real deal. What is not even in the same universe are the Dr Z amps. The three models we have sound very muffled compared to the originals. The MZ8 and MZ38 are so low in volume they're not usable to me. The Hwy 66 is ok ...but still has an odd mid range regardless of the cab. Too bad they don't sound like this:

i don’t play those models so i can’t say anything about your conclusion on their tone...but i definitely don’t get the part “...so low in volume.”

And just my taste but...i do also not think this video, at least partially, is not a good representation of the amp, it sounds anemic.

Most of the amps I use these days are very close to the real deal. What is not even in the same universe are the Dr Z amps. The three models we have sound very muffled compared to the originals. The MZ8 and MZ38 are so low in volume they're not usable to me. The Hwy 66 is ok ...but still has an odd mid range regardless of the cab. Too bad they don't sound like this:

I don't like the Z's, but if it's low in volume, turn it up. Also I wouldn't use a video of an amp we don't have to compare to ones we do. The Z Wreck is pretty unique. Might get closer with one of the of the Trainwrecks, since that's what the Z Wreck is a copy of

Back
Top Bottom