Dr Bonkers New Impulse Response (IR) Cab Pack: Aguilar® DB810™ 8X10

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I just released an upgraded re-recorded version of the Aguilar® DB810™ 8X10 Cab Pack:

Dr Bonkers Bass Cab Classics Volume 11: AGI2 8X10 Bass Cabinet IR Collection
https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/p...lume-11-agi2-8x10-bass-cabinet-ir-collection/

If you click on the site link, as usual there are sound clips and pictures on my site. Click on the pull down menus and pop out tabs (words with a grey background) for lots of info.

Previous purchasers of the cab pack have already been contacted separately and I have offered to upgrade them, as that's how much I stand behind my products.

If you have a Fractal device, you will really dig the new presets in this pack, as they explore using a a dual path where path 1 is amp+cab & path 2 uses DI signal with Pre-EQ+Drive+Post-EQ. Of course there are the usual bass-centric FX and routing surprises you would expect in my packs.

If I can answer any questions, please let me know.

Thanks again for your time and support.

What are the construction and tonal differences between the Aguilar 8x10 and the original Ampeg SVT 8x10? I'm aware of the ground-breaking construction methods incorporated in the Ampeg and many companies skip the internal sealing off of the discrete 2x10 quadruplets.
Any knowledge of the Aguilars?

What are the construction and tonal differences between the Aguilar 8x10 and the original Ampeg SVT 8x10? I'm aware of the ground-breaking construction methods incorporated in the Ampeg and many companies skip the internal sealing off of the discrete 2x10 quadruplets.
Any knowledge of the Aguilars?
Hi Kent,

The first difference between the two is that the DB810 has a tweeter that you can dial on, off or somewhere in between.

The 10 inch speakers on the DB810 are voiced more aggressively for a bass to cut in a mix and not cloud up the drums or guitar, whereas the SVT can be used both for guitar and bass well.

The DB810 has the same sealed back construction and method of front loading the speakers as the SVT.

The voicing between the two csbs is as different as a Mesa Boogie Oversized 4x12 versus a G12-80 loaded Mashall JCM 800 Lead 4x12.

Each cab gives different tonal shaping to any amp you hook up to each of them. Having played through both cabs as the same player with the same bass, using the same amp to drive both cabs in the same room, I can tell you that with some confidence.

Back
Top Bottom