IRs Dr Bonkers IR Files Cab Pack - Harry Kolbe Soundsmith® Concert™ 4X12 w/ Eminence® Delta Pro 12A™ Speakers

Third-party impulse response pack

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 20: DLTA 4X12 Guitar Cab IR Collection based upon a Harry Kolbe Soundsmith® Concert™ 800w Straight 4X12 Guitar Amp Cab Impulse Response (IR) files. This cabinet included 4 Eminence® Delta Pro 12A™ 12 inch 400 watt 8 Ohm speakers manufactured in USA. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats.

This type of cab/speaker combination was the choice at one time of Buckethead, Paige Hamilton of Helmet, Andy Hawkins of Blind Idiot God, & both guitarists of Biohazard.

As usual there are sound clips and pictures on my site. Click on the pull down menus and pop out tabs (words with a grey background) for lots of info including history and famous players who used such a cab. If English is not your first language, click on the translate button at the top of my site for many language options.

https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/p...volume-20-dlta-4x12-guitar-cab-ir-collection/

Sweet! Dr. Bonkers comes through with another gem of an oddity. I've got one of Page Hamilton's old Kolbe cabs. It's loaded with EVM12L's. I believe that it's constructed with 3/4" plywood. You have to eat your Wheaties before you decide to move it because I'm pretty sure it's like 1000 lbs.

LnhJLxu.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Dr. Bonkers comes through with another gem of an oddity. I've got one of Page Hamilton's old Kolbe cabs. It's loaded with EVM12L's. I believe that it's constructed with 3/4" plywood. You have to eat your Wheaties before you decide to move it because I'm pretty sure it's like 1000 lbs.

LnhJLxu.jpg
Very cool. If you are in the NY or NJ area, please PM me.

I would love to rent it for a weekend to capture that version with the EVM12L speakers.

The backs and sides are 3/4 inch plywood. The baffle board was 1 inch plywood. Amazing sounding cabs, but I feel bad for bands that lug these around as it is quite the workout to handle.

Back
Top Bottom