IRs Dr Bonkers IR Files Cab Pack - 1968 Sunn® Sceptre™ 4X12 with Jensen® C12N™ Speakers

Third-party impulse response pack

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab Classics™ Volume 19: SULA 4X12 Guitar Cab IR Collection based upon a 1968 Sunn® Sceptre™ 200w 4X12 Guitar Amp Cab. This cabinet included 4 Sunn® Guitar Transducer™ badged Jensen® C12N™ 12 inch 50 watt speakers featuring 29 oz ceramic magnets (Code # C8579 3 220842) manufactured in the 42nd week of 1968 in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats.

This type of cab/speaker combination was the choice at one time of Leslie West, The Ventures, & Bob Weir.

As usual there are sound clips and pictures on my site. Click on the pull down menus and pop out tabs (words with a grey background) for lots of info including history and famous players who used such a cab. If English is not your first language, click on the translate button at the top of my site for many language options.

https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/p...volume-19-sula-4x12-guitar-cab-ir-collection/

Last edited:
My first impressions are that most of the IRs in the hypermix folder are too dark for my taste but they gave a nice beefy bottom end. The “D6” one is a keeper though. I tried one of the single mic files... the first SM57 I think, and it was incredibly loud... twice as loud as a ‘normal’ IRs.

Last edited:
My first impressions are that most of the IRs in the hypermix folder are too dark for my taste. The “D6” one is a keeper though. I tried one of the single mic files... the first SM57 I think, and it was incredibly loud... twice as loud as a ‘normal’ IRs.
It's a darker sounding speaker than a lot of Celestions for example. But it also takes brighter single coils or the treble and presence of most amp blocks really well.

Back
Top Bottom