Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities Volume 5: Based on Friedman Amplification® DIRTY SHIRLEY 112™ 1X12

Not to hijack the Dirty Shirley Friedman Cab Pack Thread, cause it is an absolute killer fantastic Cab Pack. Everyone needs to grab this!
But I grabbed the Marshall G12-80's. I like these speakers.. started off with a fresh patch with the Brown Eye & used both Cone IR's of the M160 & 57. Those 80's have a lot of bottom end, but it's totally workable. Another great Cab Pack man.
Man I wish you had more, I really dig how you organize everything. Cap, Cone & Edge is perfect; easy to find, mix & keep track of & ya have a good mic selection that covers a lot of ground as well.
The only thing I don't understand, (well I do cause I'd probably do the same) is why you only charge a few bucks for your work!
If only ya had some 1x15's & 4x10's laying around!! :D
Thanks. I price my stuff this way because frankly many people were afraid to buy my stuff at a higher price point it seems., but thanks for the compliments.

At the current price and current sales volume, things are workable. I do have other cool guitar cabs on my site that are definitely worth checking out. If you are looking for 15's, the silver and black volume 1 is equally smoking for guitar.

Stay tuned though, more are on the way in the future.

These are really good. I like the fact the low end is balanced across the pack and the IR's are never too harsh or boomy.

Thanks so much for the kind words on this and great video!!!

Could you share this on TGP as well? The mods get a little nasty when I do it.

Is it OK if I link to this on my site as well?

Hi,
I bought your Cab Pack 3 hours ago and play with them.
This is the first time (i repeat, this is the first time !!!!) i find that the IR are...perfect ! It's incredible, i can't find the words for describe them.
Your presets are also very good.
I don't want to speak about money, but at this price, it's a great gift. Your IR"s are perhaps the best IR's on the market today.And i have a lot of IR, believe me...
This is the first time that i find the sensation to play on a real amp.
Congratulations and thank you so much for your work.

Thanks so much everyone for the awesome feedback and the incredible support.

For those of you that feel like it, if you can also post your thoughts on TGP in Leon Todd's thread about this cab pack, that would be super helpful.

If you like this cab pack, i hope you will think about trying some of my other cab packs. You may feel the same way about the presets and ir files.

What is the easiest way to audition these quickly to find my favorites? I have cablab, but these are in syx format.

Thanks so much everyone for the awesome feedback and the incredible support.

For those of you that feel like it, if you can also post your thoughts on TGP in Leon Todd's thread about this cab pack, that would be super helpful.

If you like this cab pack, i hope you will think about trying some of my other cab packs. You may feel the same way about the presets and ir files.

What is the easiest way to audition these quickly to find my favorites? I have cablab, but these are in syx format.
Axe-Manage Cabs is your quickest way to audition the single or mix IR files. as others have said.

What I would do first is load the Interesting Amp Pairings first and go through those 8 scenes of each preset. That should get you in the ball park based on which ir files you like.

Look at the cab used in the liked preset and start with those single mic di files or choice mixes. The HypeReal mixes are used in my presets so you are already auditioning them with this method.

Hey, these are great on first listen. I'm looking forward to making some mixes in Cab Lab and taking them to rehearsal.
By the way, I'm glad you included the power amp versions. They seem to be less edgy on the SM57 types.

As for resolution on the .wavs: Should I just use the 48k/24? That's the Axe's resolution, right?

Hey, these are great on first listen. I'm looking forward to making some mixes in Cab Lab and taking them to rehearsal.
By the way, I'm glad you included the power amp versions. They seem to be less edgy on the SM57 types.

As for resolution on the .wavs: Should I just use the 48k/24? That's the Axe's resolution, right?
Thanks.

Yes, 48k-24B is your sweet spot for the Fractal.

Thanks so much!

I include the power amp options just for that different tonality that some people like.

I try to cover as many tonalities as I can with a given cab so that you feel you got your money's worth out of the cab pack, but not take a year of 60 hour weeks for me producing a cab pack.

I try to cover as many tonalities as I can with a given cab so that you feel you got your money's worth out of the cab pack

Hi, yeah, these are great. I sat down for another session in CabLab and exported some 2 mic and 3 mic mixes. Really nice range of colors in the pack. Not too many, and definitely not too few. Cap, Cone, Edge per mic is enough for me. Lots of mics x 2 (DI and Power Amp). For 8 bucks... can't beat that with a stick!

What's your opinion on CabLab mixes beyond 3 mics? I think it depends on several factors, but I have heard it said that beyond 3 or 4 mics you start to lose clarity.

What's your opinion on CabLab mixes beyond 3 mics? I think it depends on several factors, but I have heard it said that beyond 3 or 4 mics you start to lose clarity.
I’ll chime in just to offer another opinion; regarding these IR’s, I haven’t found anything beyond just Cap & Edge mixes to be anything less than just about perfect. Although I didn’t spend a ton of time meticulously tinkering, but there was no need to. I made 5-6 killer IR’s and got to jammin..
Perhaps it’s time to go back & revisit the Cone again.. worth a shot. But I agree, too many and I think you’re just kind of mushing out that EQ and character of everything.

Back
Top Bottom