Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Teaser: 1983 Marshall® 1960A JCM 800 Lead Series™ Guitar Amp Cab

I bought/downloaded these Friday night without any problems. You weren't bullshitting about these being good for 90's rock tones!!! The best 99 cents I've spent in a while!!!

I bought/downloaded these Friday night without any problems. You weren't bullshitting about these being good for 90's rock tones!!! The best 99 cents I've spent in a while!!!
Thanks. If I can be of service in the future, please let me know.

If there's any other cabs you think I should capture, please let me know and I will try to track them down.

Thanks again for everybody's very kind and generous support.

Thanks so much everybody for the incredible support and feedback.

To those who bought just the WAV files and are wondering: what is the function of the ir mixes I made with the ultra scooped sounding Audix D6 mic?

That mic has the most extreme smile curve that I have seen on a frequency response chart from a major manufacturer.

If you are struggling with taming one of the Mesa type amp models to get a tone you like, try using my cab mixes using the Audix D6. You just may find yourself struggling less to get your tone.

I always include an Audix D6 based ir mix in all my other guitar cab impulse response (IR) file packs just for that purpose.

Last edited:
Thanks so much everybody for the incredible support and feedback.

To those who bought just the WAV files and are wondering: what is the function of the ir mixes I made with the ultra scooped sounding Audix D6 mic?

That mic has the most extreme smile curve that I have seen on a frequency response chart from a major manufacturer.

If you are struggling with taming one of the Mesa type amp models to get a tone you like, try using my cab mixes using the Audix D6. You just may find yourself struggling less to get your tone.

I always include an Audix D6 based ir mix in all my other guitar cab impulse response (IR) file packs just for that purpose.

Thanks Dr B, I have 2 Legend cabinets with G12-80's. An open back and a closed back 1 x 12 in Oak cabinets with wicker cane grills. I love their tight punchy tone. I'm looking forward to the day when I can do my own impulse responses of these cabs.

Thanks Dr B, I have 2 Legend cabinets with G12-80's. An open back and a closed back 1 x 12 in Oak cabinets with wicker cane grills. I love their tight punchy tone. I'm looking forward to the day when I can do my own impulse responses of these cabs.
If you live close to me or are willing to ship them, I am willing to shoot ir's of them.

PM me as those are very cool cabs. I don't know how many people would want ir's of them, but like the others I have shot, I found that there are surprising audiences for odd cabs.

Hi, just discovered your cab packs and reading on your site the Hypereal concept caught my attention. Does this pack also contain any IRs captured with the Crown Pzm? I don't see it mentioned in the mics list.

Edit: Ok, I'm probably becoming blind.. Checked again and it was there :D

I just bought it but download link doesn't seem to work, it just redirects me to the product list page

Correction: after logout and login it starts but download fails after about 200MB downloaded. Tried several times

Last edited:
I just bought it but download link doesn't seem to work, it just redirects me to the product list page

Correction: after logout and login it starts but download fails after about 200MB downloaded. Tried several times
please reply to the reciept my site sent you and I can send you an alternative download link to the encrypted Dropbox link to get you what you need. I always take care of people.

I just tried for a couple hours this pack and I have to say this is one of the best cab packs I've come across, what you get for only 1,95$ is just ridiculous (in a good way).
I've not tried every single IR yet but all the ones I've picked up went from usable to great sounding. I also made a couple mixes with cab-lab and the Pzm mic captures are really an effective way of adding punch and umph to a mix without unwanted room resonances.
Looking forward to try out some other packs from your offer.

Well done Dr Bonkers!

P.s: Since you're open to suggestions I would love to see a pack of a 4x12 Wem super Starfinder 200, the cab used by David Gilmour.
It's a pretty rare cab and no one offers IRs of it at the moment. I suppose lots of Pink Floyd fans like me would buy it immediately.

Last edited:
I just tried for a couple hours this pack and I have to say this is one of the best cab packs I've come across, what you get for only 1,95$ is just ridiculous (in a good way).
I've not tried every single IR yet but all the ones I've picked up went from usable to great sounding. I also made a couple mixes with cab-lab and the Pzm mic captures are really an effective way of adding punch and umph to a mix without unwanted room resonances.
Looking forward to try out some other packs from your offer.

P.s: Since you're open to suggestions I would love to see a pack of a 4x12 Wem super Starfinder 200, the cab used by David Gilmour.
It's a pretty rare cab and no one offers IRs of it at the moment. I suppose lots of Gilmour fans like me would buy it immediately.
Thanks so much!!!

I wil be on the lookout.

Back
Top Bottom