AFIII Dover and Dover again ... I'm a late starter. Vid and preset

Burgs

Power User
Yes, I'll admit it: I've only recently 'discovered' Eric Johnson even though he's been a legend for the best part of 30-40 years. Still, it's nice to discover after all this time. Here's a take on the Dover sound (I know there's a killer factory preset already, but that didn't stop me). I used Lollartrons and probably the wrong everything where amp types and blocks are concerned, but it's still fun! Give it a shot and make it your own.

Preset link: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6419

A Texas treasure. Became aware of him back when he played with the Electromagnets, and have been shocked at his playing and tone more than once! Killer guitarist.

Saw him at the peak of powers on the Ah Via Musicom tour. Amazing.
I saw him a couple months back on the current tour with the Ah Via Musicom lineup playing the album in its entirety plus a few additional tunes. Small-ish theater, great experience...

Still amazing! His singing has improved a lot since those days... Not sure his guitar playing can get any better.

Also saw him at the 1st show of the very first G3 Tour, also amazing although he had some technical difficulties. Satch, Vai, EJ and Kenny Wayne Sheppard. :)

Awesome man, sounds great!

Thanks! Just having a bit of fun.

Great tones and playing! Digging the preset as well.

Thanks, Dave. Glad you're enjoying it.

nice!
which cabs were you using?

Thanks! Legacy cab #'s 184 and 61. There's a screen shot of Axe-Edit showing them at 1:30.

My favourite part is the head wobble!
:)
Thanks
Pauly

Haha. I'm glad you appreciate my idiotic sense of humour. Rock!

Amazing as always. I'd love to see you revisit your old Twin preset with the III.
(And yor playin's jes fine!)

Back
Top Bottom