Doubts among the substantial differences between the MFC-101 MFC-Mark I and Mark II 1

fmartinez

Friends guitarists have sought repeatedly in discussion forums related issues about the differences between the MFC-101 Mark I and Mark II and have not found anything, as we all know the MFC-101 is missing and the fractal is no sales forecast. I have an Axe-FX II, but I have no switch and would like to have one, so I saw one on e-bay that I seem to be Mark, because Mark II has a label that differentiates. But my problem is this: decide if it really is worth buying the mark I and use with the Axe-FX II? or are there problems? there are important differences that I do not buy it? I've made a bid in the auction for now I'm winning the bid is at $ 350 plus $ 180.00 shipping. Give opinions! Hugs to all!

link follows:
Fractal Audio MFC101 MFC 101 | eBay

:nightmare:

Your english doesn't make very much sense but I think I understand your problem.

The Mark I pedalboard has a regular ethernet jack
Mark II has an ethercon jack, which can work with ethernet or ethercon plugs
Mark II has the ethercon but also has silent footswitches

All of them will work with any Axe FX II, but depending on which one you have you get those certain features.

You can also use Ethercon connector/adapters to make the Mark I connect as securely as the Mark II does. Fairly inexpensive and very easy upgrade to make...

Yes, Mark I, II, and the forthcoming Mark III will all work with the Axe-FX II. I believe if you buy used you do not get a warranty.

as stated (albeit with many typos in the replies hah), there is no functional difference between the Mark I and Mark II.

the Mark II added an Ethercon connection, rather than just an Ethernet connection on the Mark I. both work exactly the same otherwise.

the upcoming Mark III adds a new FASlink connection via XLR cable and silent switches, yet the functions will be the same as the I and II (as far as we know right now).

Fractal will be selling FASlink adaptors for the Axe-FX II as well as for older MFC models so you can use an XLR cable with older models of both.

so really the main reason to wait for a III is for silent switches - which i need!

Ok, my English is not very good, but I think you understand ... even more when I write and ask google to review my writing kkk, thanks for the tip. About MFC-101 I think I'll wait a while and when traveling to the U.S., I'll buy one. because I live here in Brazil and import fees are very expensive, forcing us to pay twice what an American musician pay. Thank you.

Your english doesn't make very much sense but I think I understand your problem.

All of them will work with any Axe FX II, but depending on which one you have you get those certain features.

Ok, my English is not very good, but I think you understand ... even more when I write and ask google to review my writing kkk, thanks for the tip. About MFC-101 I think I'll wait a while and when traveling to the U.S., I'll buy one. because I live here in Brazil and import fees are very expensive, forcing us to pay twice what an American musician pay. Thank you.

as stated (albeit with many typos in the replies hah), there is no functional difference between the Mark I and Mark II.

the Mark II added an Ethercon connection, rather than just an Ethernet connection on the Mark I. both work exactly the same otherwise.

the upcoming Mark III adds a new FASlink connection via XLR cable and silent switches, yet the functions will be the same as the I and II (as far as we know right now).

Fractal will be selling FASlink adaptors for the Axe-FX II as well as for older MFC models so you can use an XLR cable with older models of both.

so really the main reason to wait for a III is for silent switches - which i need!

Thanks for the reply Chris, all information in this forum is valuable, I do not know what the buttons on the MFC-101 are noisy, because I have not seen any of these up close. Thanks and hugs, I think I'll wait for the sale MFC-101 Mark III.

Thanks for the reply, I joined the queue at the site of the fractal, since the unit is out of stock.

Yes, Mark I, II, and the forthcoming Mark III will all work with the Axe-FX II. I believe if you buy used you do not get a warranty.

Thanks for the reply Sam, actually, I have a unit of Axe-Fx II and it's fantastic! but I have nothing to control it, for now I'm working directly on the buttons in order to explore the effects and learn about them. Sorry for the English.

Back
Top Bottom