Double Verb Vib - Drive from clean to mean needed

guitardoc

Experienced
Looking for a really sparkly clean amp I bonded with the Double Verb vibrato channel lately. Master Volume halfed and saturation switched to ideal did the trick for amazing cleans.
Now I’m looking for a drive block which delivers rocking rhythm crunches and creamy leads just by a turn of my guitar‘s volume knob. I’m using a G&L single coil strat.
Leo Fender‘s Virtual Overdrive Pedal is my weapon of choice at the moment but being an overdrive pedal it doesn’t give the searing Rock’n’Roll leads I’m looking for. When cranking drive it starts to get muddy unfortunately.
Is there anybody out there who would like to share their ideas? Thanks in advance.

You’re happy with your clean tone, great. I would just build another preset that bonds well with the distortion sound you want. I like Fender cleans myself, but rather than put a drive pedal for distortion.. (unless it’s a mild breakup) I’d use an amp sim that’s designed to get great overdriven sounds without a lot of work. Fenders work great for clean and mild breakup, but for me, not as well for a nice smooth ‘heavier’ distortion... but I haven’t experimented a lot with trying either. I’ll use about 6 presets to cover everything I need, and add fx with 2 expression pedals and 2 on/off switches.

You’re happy with your clean tone, great. I would just build another preset that bonds well with the distortion sound you want. I like Fender cleans myself, but rather than put a drive pedal for distortion.. (unless it’s a mild breakup) I’d use an amp sim that’s designed to get great overdriven sounds without a lot of work. Fenders work great for clean and mild breakup, but for me, not as well for a nice smooth ‘heavier’ distortion... but I haven’t experimented a lot with trying either. I’ll use about 6 presets to cover everything I need, and add fx with 2 expression pedals and 2 on/off switches.
Don't need another preset... Use a scene with a second amp block, or Amp block X/Y.

Looking for a really sparkly clean amp I bonded with the Double Verb vibrato channel lately. Master Volume halfed and saturation switched to ideal did the trick for amazing cleans.
Now I’m looking for a drive block which delivers rocking rhythm crunches and creamy leads just by a turn of my guitar‘s volume knob. I’m using a G&L single coil strat.
Leo Fender‘s Virtual Overdrive Pedal is my weapon of choice at the moment but being an overdrive pedal it doesn’t give the searing Rock’n’Roll leads I’m looking for. When cranking drive it starts to get muddy unfortunately.
Is there anybody out there who would like to share their ideas? Thanks in advance.
curious as to why you'd engage saturation when looking for sparkly cleans?

Don't need another preset... Use a scene with a second amp block, or Amp block X/Y.

I wanted to leave the MFC floorboard at home since I only need clean, crunch, lead, and chorus for this particular band project. I wanted to kick the chorus in using the Axe‘s pedal jack (MK1 - only one jack) and wanted to go from clean to mean the old school way of using the volume knob.

True, I’ve done that to mix a clean and dirty sound. I haven’t done scenes, as preset changes work well for me and it eats up less cpu

Shouldn’t use any more cpu having an x/y option and preset switches have a bit more lag than changing the x/y state on the fly.

Scenes are made to do essentially what most people want, the ability to switch tones on the fly and are super powerful.

You can press one button and have a delay and boost kick in along with different amp settings, another scene and it’s just the amp boost etc. takes all the tap dancing away and lets you do complex changes with a single button, just like what you used to need a fancy Bradshaw switching system for back in the day

Back
Top Bottom