Double guitar harmonizer

Hi.

I was playing around Europe's Final countdown song, but I couldn't find any way to make the double guitar solo part sounding good. Any tips on how to use the harmonizer or any other pitch for 3rds or 5ths?

I would appreciate if anybody could share a patch or a tutorial, so I can learn from there.

Thanks!
Rob

I play that solo with the harmonizer at the end as well. It doesn't seem to affect the tracking much, and it actually sounds cleaner to send the amp / cab overtones into the harmonizer, rather than harmonizing earlier in the chain and then overdriving both notes.

Last time I was in Nashville one of the local bands played that in the 'ironic-set' - guitarist played the solo perfectly, both parts - then I realised he'd done it without a harmoniser - "double stops all the way man…" was his reply to my post-gig questioning. Gobsmacked!

Personal opinion here. But I like the harmonizer after the amp. Sounds more smooth and natural to my ears. YMMV.

For drive sounds or typical twin guitar parts I like it before the amp. Makes it less harsh and digital. Also for octaver sounds I like it before the amp. For clean sounds and soundscape stuff I place it after the cab. Sometimes also between amp and cab.

Last time I was in Nashville one of the local bands played that in the 'ironic-set' - guitarist played the solo perfectly, both parts - then I realised he'd done it without a harmoniser - "double stops all the way man…" was his reply to my post-gig questioning. Gobsmacked!
I'd like to see that live. That must be a trip.

Back
Top Bottom