Dotted 8th for idiots

Kdog

Inspired
can anyone point me in the right direction on how to set up a dotted 8th sound. Similar to Paul Gilberts echo song.?

Set Tempo in the delay block Dotted 8th. Set the Tap tempo to the 1/4 note pulse. Play 8th notes on your guitar.

it's very straightforward. like others have said, set the subdivision/tempo of the delay to dotted eighth, set your preset tempo to the tempo of the song and play straight 8ths on your guitar, the delay will take care of the rest. also need to set mix high if not even with the dry signal.

Try setting the mix at 50% if the delay is run inline with the other effects. Also, run the delay after the amp and cab.

Playing to the tempo of the flashing light is the only way to have it sound right. It can be tricky trying to play if you're not playing with a band, backing-track or metronome.

I struggles with this for years until about two months ago. Try using the memory man delay. As was already say the mix is important. Have a decent amount of repeats. I use more repeats on .8 than I do anything else. Lastly you have to tap 4x minimum. for years I tapped my tempo twice and I was done but for .8 it never worked. My buddy also a fractal users mentiones to me one day that unless he taps 4x min his .8 doesn't seem to sync up right. Also for best results I am usually playing on the B and G string and I always hit the B string note before the G string. Hope this helps

I struggles with this for years until about two months ago. Try using the memory man delay. As was already say the mix is important. Have a decent amount of repeats. I use more repeats on .8 than I do anything else. Lastly you have to tap 4x minimum. for years I tapped my tempo twice and I was done but for .8 it never worked. My buddy also a fractal users mentiones to me one day that unless he taps 4x min his .8 doesn't seem to sync up right. Also for best results I am usually playing on the B and G string and I always hit the B string note before the G string. Hope this helps
unless you have the tempo pre-programmed into the preset you have to tap, and there's two different tap modes if i remember correctly. there's a mode that averages your taps and one that used the last few taps you tap in as tempo. (can't remember the exact number)

Listen to Another Brick in the Wall or Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd, or Bad by U2. All songs that are easy to play, and require dotted 8th delays in prominent parts of the song.

The nice thing about those two is that they start with the guitar part which allows to adjust to the preset tempo. It's not that easy when you have to start in the middle of a song and the drummer is already on speed.

unless you have the tempo pre-programmed into the preset you have to tap, and there's two different tap modes if i remember correctly. there's a mode that averages your taps and one that used the last few taps you tap in as tempo. (can't remember the exact number)
yes I am away of all of that. In either case I found that unless I tap 4x my .8th never sounds right

The note subdivisions are based on a 1/4 note (1 tap per beat) tempo being tapped in. As long as you correctly tap in time with the song tempo, all of the subdivision options will line up with the song's tempo. You can also tap the front panel tempo button once and then use the value knob to select the tempo if you need it to be an exact number.

On both my FX8 and AX8 the tap tempo reacts on the upstroke of the footswitch. It used to tweak me but it doesn't really matter though as the repeats don't occur when the light flashes, it's just an indicator of the tempo.

On both my FX8 and AX8 the tap tempo reacts on the upstroke of the footswitch. It used to tweak me but it doesn't really matter though as the repeats don't occur when the light flashes, it's just an indicator of the tempo.

That has forever messed with me which is why I use my ears when I'm setting a tempo

Back
Top Bottom