Dotted 1/8th Notes, Tap Tempo, & Presets

Let's say I have a preset with a dotted 1/8th delay setting. If I go to that preset, tap a tempo, then leave the preset, when I come back to the preset, does it remember the tapped tempo?

If I read the manual correctly, once you save a tempo in a preset, you can't manually change it. Is that correct?
there is a TEMPO parameter, and there is a TIME parameter.

if you set TEMPO to "none" then you directly set the TIME parameter to the time you want in milliseconds. you can't tap a new tempo since TEMPO is set to "none." this is when you want exactly the same tempo for that delay (or whatever) and never want to change it.

if you set TEMPO to any subdivision - like 1/4 or dotted 1/8 - then you can use the TAP TEMPO switch to change the tempo on the fly. in the TEMPO MENU (hit your tap tempo switch once, or nav there from the main menu on one of the tabs), you can choose if the preset uses a GLOBAL tempo, or a PRESET tempo. using PRESET tempo in that preset, you can save a particular tempo as a starting point, and also change on the fly if needed.

there is a TEMPO parameter, and there is a TIME parameter.

if you set TEMPO to "none" then you directly set the TIME parameter to the time you want in milliseconds. you can't tap a new tempo since TEMPO is set to "none." this is when you want exactly the same tempo for that delay (or whatever) and never want to change it.

if you set TEMPO to any subdivision - like 1/4 or dotted 1/8 - then you can use the TAP TEMPO switch to change the tempo on the fly. in the TEMPO MENU (hit your tap tempo switch once, or nav there from the main menu on one of the tabs), you can choose if the preset uses a GLOBAL tempo, or a PRESET tempo. using PRESET tempo in that preset, you can save a particular tempo as a starting point, and also change on the fly if needed.
Cool! Learned something new today. Looks like I'll be saving some tapped tempo's on a few presets tonight. The guys are always making fun of me for tapping the tempo in before songs. LOL!

Chris, that doesn’t sound right to me. If you have Tempo set to None, you can still set the delay time by tapping. It will be set in milliseconds. I don’t recall it being fixed. I’m not at the AX8 right now so I could be wrong.

Chris, that doesn’t sound right to me. If you have Tempo set to None, you can still set the delay time by tapping. It will be set in milliseconds. I don’t recall it being fixed. I’m not at the AX8 right now so I could be wrong.
pretty sure no. that's exactly what TEMPO does. otherwise what the taps correspond to? how many milliseconds between taps?

pretty sure no. that's exactly what TEMPO does. otherwise what the taps correspond to? how many milliseconds between taps?

On a lot of delay pedals, tapping sets the time of the delay in ms. I remember trying to tap dotted eights back in the day when delay pedals did not have the capability to set a tempo and a subdivision of time. I was thinking the AX8 did the same when tempo is set to none (the delay time would be set in ms to match the timing of your tapping), but I was incorrect. I guess you would have to set the time parameter to quarter notes and then delay time would equal the taps.

Anyway, your initial description is correct (I don't know why I ever doubted you ;)). I just got my AX8 out and tested.

Back
Top Bottom