Doom/Stoner Metal Presets And Tone Matches

base851

Hey All,

Came up with a set of Doom/Stoner metal presets and tone matches. I haven't really seen any others here or in the Axe-Change, so I figured I'd share them. The "Doom Metal" and "Stoner Metal" are presets that I came up with as sort of generic tones. The rest are tone matches from the respective bands.

If any of you have suggestions for improving any of them, I'm all ears.

Enjoy!

View attachment 20660
View attachment 20663
View attachment 20658
View attachment 20659
View attachment 20661
View attachment 20666
View attachment 20662
View attachment 20664

Last edited:
Thanks, I love this kind of stuff.

Me too. :eagerness:

The trickiest bit on those is getting that heavy fuzzed out sound without it washing out note definition entirely. Took a lot of mix & matching with amps and cabs. Glad folks find them useful!

Hey all, I tweaked the presets a bit to take off some of the ice-picky high end that was on a lot of those TMs. Also adding a couple of bass presets that I came up with.

Basically my distinction between Doom & Stoner is that Stoner is just a lot more fuzzed out.

View attachment Doom Metal.syx
View attachment Stoner Metal.syx
View attachment Bongzilla TM.syx
View attachment Candlemass TM.syx
View attachment Electric Wizard TM.syx
View attachment Kyuss TM.syx
View attachment St. Vitus TM.syx
View attachment Trouble TM.syx

I put them all just on the edge of clipping for my own purposes. I never really thought about the implications of that when sharing. Do most of you back the outputs off a certain amount when you share presets?

I put them all just on the edge of clipping for my own purposes. I never really thought about the implications of that when sharing. Do most of you back the outputs off a certain amount when you share presets?

There's no need to have presets so loud that they clip. If you understand gain staging, you'll know that it can kill sound card and other gear. Get your amps to distort the proper way or turn the MV up and the Level down.

Hey guys, never posted but I've been reading for awhile. I dont have a pc or anything to edit on is there another way to share a layout even roughly like what amp csb etc etc for us poor folk to try?

Back
Top Bottom