Don't you hate it when....

Yes - I've also done it more than once. Isn't there now a setup option that will ask if you're sure after edits are made, and you try to exit?
Thanks
Pauly

Yup....Hate it when that happens.

I think I recall a wish something like ...do you wish to save changes before leaving... or something like that.

You've been working in the editor for quite some time dialing in something and you get it just where you want and instead of clicking on a different scene you select a different patch and blow out everything you did without saving it. Insert angry eye's here....
ahahaha, many times

Done this so many times. I take snapshots now all the time when I’m tweaking, just a good habit to get into. Ironically, ever since I started taking snapshots I haven’t made the same error! :rolleyes:

Maybe Cliff will add it to Axe Fx II and AX-8... There's a setting on the Axe Fx III to prevent that.

It's even worse, when you do it on the unit. I often adjust levels at rehearsal, and it's so damn easy to move to another preset without saving :confused:

Another classic for me is assigning footswitch blocks on the unit. Turning the A dial to move through the available switches, and then wanting to assign footswitch 3, turning dial C and changing the preset.:D

Well I notoriously save after every change. Never happened to me. But I only use AX8-Edit to change things in my presets ...

Done this so many times. I take snapshots now all the time when I’m tweaking, just a good habit to get into. Ironically, ever since I started taking snapshots I haven’t made the same error! :rolleyes:
That's why snapshots is not the answer here, but a pop-up window to confirm the user wants to abandon changes. If you are on the ball enough to take snapshots, you're on the ball enough to click save.

It's easy to screw up - on the unit itself. Done it more than once. Hurts.
I yelled so loudly once after accidentally changing presets , my wife came running into the room , thinking something horrible had happened. Of course something horrible DID happen , but she didn't see it that way.

Yes. When I first got the unit I probably had 3-4 hours into one particular preset. I'd swear I hit save. . . but apparently I did not. And probably yelled as loudly as @1poorplayer.

I save regularly now!

That's why snapshots is not the answer here, but a pop-up window to confirm the user wants to abandon changes. If you are on the ball enough to take snapshots, you're on the ball enough to click save.

I think it all depends on each person's own workflow. I personally prefer snapshots because I don't always want to save a 'work in progress' tweak (i.e. something that I know I'm going to be fussing over for more than 5 mins). I like to compare the before/after results because sometimes my ears get fatigued and I save a preset that I think sounds great, but the next morning I'll be wondering what the heck I was thinking and start over again.

Again, this all depends on your preferred workflow, you might prefer taking a backup of the preset before you start tweaking, and then saving it at each step - but this way you don't have each step of your tweak to go back to (not that it is important - it's just personal preference).

When I do that I consider it just using my dumbass button. Man, I get so much use out to that button. A save butt button would be a nice feature.

Oh yes!!!! Million times!!! :( It will be very cool to have a splash screen saying you haven't save your changes!!!

Back
Top Bottom