Don't use USB 3.0 port with Axe Edit!

Johnnyh64

Experienced
Just posting this here in case it's not found elsewhere. If you are having issues with AE, make sure you are NOT using a USB 3.0 port! I confirmed that it barfs badly when not using a USB 2.0 port. It will also not allow you to change amp types when editing, among other issues. Hope this helps some people. Please report here if this helps.

Thats weird, my macbook pro is usb 3.0 and I haven't had one issue yet with axe edit and Ive been hammering it since friday night. I guess results are scattered amongst us right now?

I had trouble when I wasn't connected directly to the port on the motherboard - I was going via the hub built into my monitor. Now it's plugged in directly, no issues at all.

I bought a new Computer Friday and had a ten minute deal loading the Axe Fx USB driver. I feared the USB 3.0 thing, but it was a user error. Once, I got past the it won't load hurdle, everything else worked like a champ. I am running Windows 8 with usb 3.0.
Here goes: Put the Axe Driver on your desktop and have your Axe FX II connect via USB. Go to your control panel/ hardware and sound/ devices and printers: you should the Axe Fx II with caution sign- right click it and left click properties. Then left click hardware, driver, update driver, get the driver loaded on your desktop and load it. Everything should work after that.

Back
Top Bottom