Don't take the Axe-Fx III for granted! (Tried Line6 Helix)

The fact is that, in time, tube amps will become a novelty at best. I am pretty familiar with tube amps, especially the marshall and fender variety. I have not only played them for 30+ years, I also repaired them, modded them, blah, blah, blah. I have those schematics permanently etched in my brain. These days, when I plug into my hand built and tweaked marshall, I can't help but think how limited it is. Yep, it sounds good at 120db. But really, nothing sounds good at 120db. Although part of that tube amp mojo has to do with the volume, I can get into that same ballpark with the Fractal and my ears don't bleed. Is it fair to say that very few serious players, (hi level pros, that is, I'm sure we all serious) were using modelers prior to Fractal? Well there is more than few using modelers today. I think it is obvious that there is a paradigm shift happening in the guitar amp world. The standard is changing and Fractal is leading the revolution. As far as authentic, what does that even mean. Listen to the vast variety of guitar tones that have been recorded over the past 50+ years. Guitar tones all over the place. I venture to say that the amp only played a small part in that sound. Inspiration is the best tone I can think of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom