Don't Spill Lemonade on Your Laptop

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I spilled a small amount of lemonade on my NOS 2015 Macbook Pro. Mopped it up and didn't think much about it. Today the left shift key got stuck down.

Took me two hours to figure out how to remove the keycap, clean and reinstall. Little tiny plastic parts in there. Tough for 56 year old eyes.

I spilled a bit of Diet coke on mine earlier, everything seems fine so far fingers crossed its still all good tomorrow.

Do yourself a favour and get one of those Jewelers maginfiers - Like a cap with lenses you can replace with varying mgnification - Very useful.
Thanks
Pauly

I spilled a small amount of lemonade on my NOS 2015 Macbook Pro. Mopped it up and didn't think much about it. Today the left shift key got stuck down.

Took me two hours to figure out how to remove the keycap, clean and reinstall. Little tiny plastic parts in there. Tough for 56 year old eyes.

At least I had an excuse when I did that, my lemonade was mixed with vodka. Cleaned right up though, no problems to speak of ( at least that I can remember).

Once you know the trick it's easy. Put the scissor pieces together first. Then snap them into the little metal clips. Then press the keycap down on them.

Back
Top Bottom