• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Don't make me call J G Wentworth.....

Tom W

Here is what I've seen as official news:

As of 9/12/19:
As many of you have observed, the FM3 has been delayed.

The rumors are not true: FM3 is NOT canceled! The product is coming along well and is set to be released as soon as possible. The first production container is already in transit, and while we don't have a specific date yet we expect shipping to begin this fall with production ramping up continually until the demand can be met.

As of 10/24/19:
Soon. Still finalizing the firmware.

As of 10/27/19:
I just spent about an hour with the latest beta build and a production unit. Fantastic. Few minor bugs. Shouldn't be much longer. It's an excellent product and I'm beyond pleased with the development team.

The FM-3 was an exercise in self-sufficiency. The idea was to get the development team to be able to do the software with minimal input from me and they exceeded my expectations. If the company is to grow I can't be the lynch-pin on every project. My time is better spent on algorithm development.

ezvictor

Inspired
Word is now that putting the brains of the AXE FX III into such a small box that is the FM3 created a need for a new system called MCAS (Musical Characteristic Augmentation System). The system is designed to give the player the exact same experience as playing through a regular AXEFXIII. This system has caused unforeseen problems and is currently being evaluated by governing entities. Hence the delay.

bradlake

Axe-Master
Word is now that putting the brains of the AXE FX III into such a small box that is the FM3 created a need for a new system called MCAS (Musical Characteristic Augmentation System). The system is designed to give the player the exact same experience as playing through a regular AXEFXIII. This system has caused unforeseen problems and is currently being evaluated by governing entities. Hence the delay.
Is this an in-joke meant only for airplane mechanics...?

Mac Jones

They said it will be released 'soon'.

But I'm unclear on how soon is applied here. I think soon is entirely relative. Soon in relation to the formation of planets and stars is a greater time frame than, let's say, soon in relation to the average forum posters attention span. Can soon be longer than a month? Yes. Soon can be longer that a month, but less than....4 months. Soon can be tomorrow also, but I'm not counting chickens. Soon the adverb can also mean: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute now, any day now, by and by, pronto, in a jiffy

In a jiffy.

Last edited:
They said it will be released 'soon'.

But I'm unclear on how soon is applied here. I think soon is entirely relative. Soon in relation to the formation of planets and stars is a greater time frame than, let's say, soon in relation to the average forum posters attention span. Can soon be longer than a month? Yes. Soon can be longer that a month, but less than....4 months. Soon can be tomorrow also, but I'm not counting chickens. Soon the adverb can also mean: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute now, any day now, by and by, pronto, in a jiffy

In a jiffy.
Considering they've been saying "Soon" since August or before, I think it's totally meaningless at this point... just crying wolf.

randombastage

Experienced
I think they never said 'soon' without genuinely believing it was true when they said it.
Unlike other vendors who will lie and say an item is in stock when they know it isn't and charge your credit card when you accept their lie in good faith...

So in addition to how you interpret the message 'soon' there is how wisely you invest your faith in the messenger...Fractal has earned my faith to a degree that an unfortunate incident doesn't shake it because I believe they have always acted in good faith.

Top Bottom