Don't Loan Your Guitar Out!!!

I read about this sometime last week. Bummer for sure :-( A nice piece of history completely destroyed. I cannot understand why they didn't just use dummy props for the movie anyways instead of using a priceless piece of history that was supposed to get swapped out really quick so the dummy could get smashed.

I read about this sometime last week. Bummer for sure :-( A nice piece of history completely destroyed. I cannot understand why they didn't just use dummy props for the movie anyways instead of using a priceless piece of history that was supposed to get swapped out really quick so the dummy could get smashed.

They did it so we can talk about it? Marketing? Why should a real vintage guitar even be on the set? Would anybody really notice or care if it was a copy of it or some other guitar? Do they bring this expensive historical example with them to be then so careless? Looks like a good director's work.

I cannot understand why they didn't just use dummy props for the movie anyways instead of using a priceless piece of history that was supposed to get swapped out really quick so the dummy could get smashed.

Agreed, however Tarantino values authenticity regardless of cost (his costs to be more precise). Only problem with his approach is he doesn't value the invaluable nature that a 19th century Martin guitar possesses completely missing the point that you cannot assign monetary replacement costs to a pioneering guitar brand's art. What a sad set of circumstances, her face though... "WHOA WHOA!!" completely fell out of character... Sad though for sure.

Back
Top Bottom