Dont let me throw it out the window please

I need help please. I purchased the SP and EP Mission pedals and plugged them in the MFC. I want one to control a volume block that I placed after amp and cab but before reverb and delay. Both pedals are working in their default "global volume" and wah settings. I want to disengage the global volume and wah settings and set one pedal to control the volume block and the other to control wah, whammy, depth, or whatever I choose. I can't figure out how to stop the first pedal from controlling global volume. I really need some "For dummies" instructions. I've read the WIKI's, the manual and the posts here and none make since to me. The learning curve has been overwhelming. I'm still playing presets because of the learning curve. I wish there was a support line. I would gladly pay by the minute to get this stuff figured. I love the sounds, but I am missing the simplicity of amp and pedals in a big way.

Let me know when you throw it out and I will be standing below your window to catch it ;)

On external 1 on the MFC I think its default set to global volume, so perhaps that is messing things up?`try to set it to external4 or something and allocate proper source controller on the axe

press the I/O button on the axe and page right to Control. It will have a list of the Control Change (CC) numbers that control certain things. Find the number for External 1. It should be 16.
on the mfc, press setup, then #4 midi.
use a pedal in the XP1 out - this will be for your volume (but you can change it later if you want)
page right or left until it says XP1 # (i think your's will say #011)
press the cursor right button on the mfc till its under #011
press the up button to change the 11 to a 16.
in your volume block, move the cursor over the Volume knob on page 1.
press Enter to change to the controller page
for Source, change it to External 1

It should now work.

What I had you do was make XP1 on the MFC control the same CC# as External 1 on the Axe FX. The numbers have to be the same. they can be any numbers, but they have to be the same. it's best to leave the AxeFX Ctrl page alone and adjust your external controllers, instead of changing things on the Axe.

do you understand why it works now?

after that, you might want to change XP2 on your MFC to CC# 017, as that is External 2. Apparently, XP2 defaults to #016. Just change it to 17 and assign your wah or whatever to External 2.

maybe i should make this video first. i've answered this question 5 times now.

Last edited:
press the I/O button on the axe and page right to Control. It will have a list of the Control Change (CC) numbers that control certain things. Find the number for External 1. It should be 16.
on the mfc, press setup, then #4 midi.
use a pedal in the XP1 out - this will be for your volume (but you can change it later if you want)
page right or left until it says XP1 # (i think your's will say #011)
press the cursor right button on the mfc till its under #011
press the up button to change the 11 to a 16.
in your volume block, move the cursor over the Volume knob on page 1.
press Enter to change to the controller page
for Source, change it to External 1

It should now work.

What I had you do was make XP1 on the MFC control the same CC# as External 1 on the Axe FX. The numbers have to be the same. they can be any numbers, but they have to be the same. it's best to leave the AxeFX Ctrl page alone and adjust your external controllers, instead of changing things on the Axe.

do you understand why it works now?

after that, you might want to change XP2 on your MFC to CC# 017, as that is External 2. Apparently, XP2 defaults to #016. Just change it to 17 and assign your wah or whatever to External 2.

maybe i should make this video first. i've answered this question 5 times now.

Thank you so much. I need basic instructions like this. I appreciate you taking the time. I wish Fractal had "sesame street" level instructions for those of us who might need it.

JC_MuscleShoals said:
Thank you so much. I need basic instructions like this. I appreciate you taking the time. I wish Fractal had "sesame street" level instructions for those of us who might need it.

+1000000000000000 hahahaha!!! Me too! ;)

Back
Top Bottom