• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

dont know what I am doing HELP!

rknrollo

To start I am a complete midi idiot, I have read the manual and I can do a few things, calibrated my exp pedals and got into axe mode and in bank size 5, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save presets to 1 thru 5? I got my patch 249 in 5 but then when I hit the up or down it moves in fives instead of the next one, I just want to have 1-5 from clean to lead... also have an ep-1 for volume and and sp-1 with a switch for wah and wami If anyone lives in south orange county CA near Mission Viejo I would pay someone handsomely to teach me how to use the MFC and for that matter the axe ultra is pretty complicated as well although I am learning. If someone would write an axe fx for dummies book it would sell lots of copies.

guitargeorge

Inspired
To start I am a complete midi idiot, I have read the manual and I can do a few things, calibrated my exp pedals and got into axe mode and in bank size 5, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save presets to 1 thru 5? I got my patch 249 in 5 but then when I hit the up or down it moves in fives instead of the next one, I just want to have 1-5 from clean to lead... also have an ep-1 for volume and and sp-1 with a switch for wah and wami If anyone lives in south orange county CA near Mission Viejo I would pay someone handsomely to teach me how to use the MFC and for that matter the axe ultra is pretty complicated as well although I am learning. If someone would write an axe fx for dummies book it would sell lots of copies.
I can only respond to your (only) question about saving the presets. Basically you can use your Axe-Fx as the "controller" for your presets (see MIDI-mapping (Map From/Map To feature): Axe-Fx Wiki Manual - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki). Alternatively you can use your MFC-101 for "controlling" the presets (for example in Song-mode: see page 35 of the MFC-101 manual). Both methods just use a mapping-feature (e.g.: on your MFC-101 button 1--> you want preset number 73 / button 2 --> preset 116 and so forth). Pay attention to the Display Offset settings!

Yes; your bank-settings will move in steps of 5 (this is the default); but you can modify this (e.g: in banksize 0, 5,10 or 15; whatever you want). In banksize 5 (1 - 5); you press on up it will move to the next/following bank (6 -10); press up again it will move to (11 - 15). Whatever is programmed to your switches (e.g:see MIDI Map From/To) will become the active preset that you hear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom