Don't ignore the Ignore function

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
FYI:

When you click on the name of a forum member, you get a window with a couple of functions.
One of those is an Ignore function.
Enabling it will hide threads started by that person, as well as posted messages by that person.

Example:
Let's assume you don't want to be bothered anymore with news regarding updates of specific commercial preset packs / IR packs. Follow the procedure above and be done with it.

It's also useful for hiding those annoying (Chinese?) spam threads that sometimes sneak in. You just ignore the thread starter (OP) and the funny double byte characters go away. That said, the mods do a good job of blocking them but until then the ignore works a beaut.

It's also useful for hiding those annoying (Chinese?) spam threads that sometimes sneak in. You just ignore the thread starter (OP) and the funny double byte characters go away. That said, the mods do a good job of blocking them but until then the ignore works a beaut.
IMHO we are all better off if we report said threads to the mods instead of ignoring them. The former solves the problem for everyone while the later only solves the problem for you, ;)

IMHO we are all better off if we report said threads to the mods instead of ignoring them. The former solves the problem for everyone while the later only solves the problem for you, ;)

Yes of course, I didn't add that detail to my post. I always report the thread first, but then right away I ignore the originator and that immediately tidies the Recent Threads list up.

I believe everyone on here has something good to contribute. Can I just ignore the irritating parts? :) Does anyone see my post here or am I alone? :p

Seriously, I have ignored a few members in the past but always took it back as I thought they did have good things to say too.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if you see when you are ignored by another member? Might be kind of educational for the ignored.... :rolleyes:

Does anybody know if you see when you are ignored by another member? Might be kind of educational for the ignored.... :rolleyes:
No. You do not. There are...tests you can run...but they are hardly conclusive and my advice is to live in blissful ignorance here.

I love this feature. I only have remorse, when I browse without logging in, and I see a post from one of my blocklisters.

Other than that, it has been very useful.

I believe everyone on here has something good to contribute. Can I just ignore the irritating parts? :) Does anyone see my post here or am I alone? :p

Seriously, I have ignored a few members in the past but always took it back as I thought they did have good things to say too.

That’s funny , because I used the IGNORE feature on someone back when I joined the forum. Later I took it off - like you did.
Today , after reading a bunch of posts by this person on a thread I was interested in , I remembered why I used the feature. Lol.
Good to see you again @NeoSound
......joking. Lol

It makes reading threads incredibly difficult though. Like clapping with one hand. Or listening to someone on the phone. Maddening.
Yes... Some threads and replies can look really odd!

The good news is you can view the ignored content by clicking the "show ignored content" link at the bottom of the thread. This at least allows you to put things in context.

The good news is you can view the ignored content by clicking the "show ignored content" link at the bottom of the thread. This at least allows you to put things in context.

Does that link only show if you are viewing a thread that has a post from an ignored member? Because I'm looking at this thread and I can't see it. This is probably a dumb question....:oops:

Does that link only show if you are viewing a thread that has a post from an ignored member? Because I'm looking at this thread and I can't see it. This is probably a dumb question....:oops:

yes

Back
Top Bottom