Don't have AX8 but read the Review of version 8.02

robertkoa

What caught my attention is that the Guitar World Review of 2017 mentioned the AX8 sounding more open but ALSO clean tones have that ' touch to string ' sound.

THAT is what caught my attention because I could put that feature to good use ...

But I noticed that NOW the AX8 is at 9. something ....was 8.02 the clean machine ?

I know most AX FX AX8 users don't use them extensively for cleans except Jazzers...
IF I get one in next few months ..can the earlier versions be accessed ...such as 8.02 - the version reviewed ?

You will obviously lose out on any of "new" additions since 8.02 but you can run any previous firmware. Also note, that you may have to revert back to a compatible AX8-EDIT depending on the content of the firmware changes with the updates (ie. parameter changes). I'm betting you will stay with whatever is current. :)

i highly suggest updating to the latest firmware whenever you start with the AX8. it usually always sounds better, and has the latest bug fixes and features.

i have no problems with my clean tones, and i play clean most of the gig.

i'm not sure why a review on an old firmware means that sensation/feature isn't in the latest firmware too.

Always go with the newest FW. This has been my experience with Fractal for four years, that i’ve had their products.

Back
Top Bottom