Don't forget about Cab Pack 15!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

It's no joke! I haven't heard many clips of people using it but it's all I use for clean sounds at the moment.

I use the ML Double Verb SM57-MD421 4 IR for just about all of my clean sounds. In this clip I'm also using the Double Verb amp sim and a Fender Stratocaster. Large Spring reverb in there also.

Just amazing how realistic it sounds. :)

How many of you have tried it?

Anyone have any more clips of this Cab Pack 15? Really interested in buying this pack for some cleans

I'll check that out for you man. :) The pack also includes Keith Urban's "Double Verb" just so you know. I know Justin York uses it a lot but the songs I've heard are not public.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... I'd pay good money for a sampler pack that includes a few IRs from each of your packs.

I play in a hobby band, our setlist includes a little of this and a little of that, and I don't record much these days... so large cab IR collections are not justifiable for my use.
But an ML Sound Lab sampler pack would be fabulous.

I sincerely hope you eventually offer a sampler pack. It doesn't need to contain a gadzillion different flavors of every cab, just maybe a few of your favorites from each of your packs. This would be great for (a) hobby players and (b) people who want to try several things before buying "the" cab pack(s) they will want to acquire after playing around with the samples.

I can listen to audio clips as much as I want, it still doesn't give me any idea of how it will sound with my guitar, my fingers, my patches, my gear. I need to try IRs before I buy them. And a sampler pack would give me some assurance that I'd find something I can use, and may lead me to buy a pack (or two).

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... I'd pay good money for a sampler pack that includes a few IRs from each of your packs.

I play in a hobby band, our setlist includes a little of this and a little of that, and I don't record much these days... so large cab IR collections are not justifiable for my use.
But an ML Sound Lab sampler pack would be fabulous.

I sincerely hope you eventually offer a sampler pack. It doesn't need to contain a gadzillion different flavors of every cab, just maybe a few of your favorites from each of your packs. This would be great for (a) hobby players and (b) people who want to try several things before buying "the" cab pack(s) they will want to acquire after playing around with the samples.

I can listen to audio clips as much as I want, it still doesn't give me any idea of how it will sound with my guitar, my fingers, my patches, my gear. I need to try IRs before I buy them. And a sampler pack would give me some assurance that I'd find something I can use, and may lead me to buy a pack (or two).

We've had this conversation before. "We don't negotiate with terrorists." would be the appropriate phrase here. :lol I've had a conversation about this with other IR producers as well and we all agree. I hope you don't take this personally and I'll try to explain this as well as I possibly can but I am a robot emotionally so if something upsets you I pre-apologize as my intent is to be a nice guy. :)

You don't walk to McDonald's and say you'll pay for one bite of a Big Mac and another from a Quarter Pounder etc. Even better you don't walk into a fancy restaurant and ask the chef to pick the caviar from every meal they offer and put it on one plate and expect to pay for just one meal.

It is wrong to think that the value of a single IR is comparable to the price of a Cab Pack. F.ex. the ML USA Bulb pack has 227 IRs and is priced $24.99 so sure this false logic would mean that one IR would cost $0.11. The truth is: if you find one IR that you think is the best IR in the pack and you only want to use that one IR. The price of that one IR is $24.99 which by the way is extremely inexpensive. It's under 20% of the price of the cheapest microphone I use for these IRs to put it into perspective. It's around 2% of the price of that actual cab which you now don't have to buy, mic up (and spend years learning a working mic up technique), capture with clean IR shoot methods, get the studio gear etc. So the price is already extremely cheap and we should all be quite happy that we get to live in this era where getting amazing guitars tones is so easy and inexpensive.

I'm not sure if you've ever bought any of my packs but if you had you'd know that there is an "Ace" folder that does include my personal favorite picks in every single pack. Now I'm sure the majority will use those IRs that I picked. So what you are asking for is already in the packs. I would be completely happy with only having the "Ace" folder in the packs but if you think it will make the price go down that's once again false logic. The price is already down. The only reason a Cab Pack has 227 IRs is that there are people that are really picky with their tone (I know I would feel limited with only a few dozen options as a customer) and if my personal choices didn't satisfy everyone they have 200 more options to try out and I'm sure they'll find what they were looking for.

I create a Cab Pack to replace the need for people to get these cabinets in real life. Once again I would like to emphasize the amazing time we live in. I wish when I was still a young gigging musician I could've gone "hmm I wonder what a Bogner 4x12 sounds like". I'll drop twenty bucks and find out. That was no option for me. I mean people are spending over $300 on a new drive pedal. Sorry Dpoirier but I don't relate to people feeling like Cab Packs are not worth the investment.

I'll buy that pack, certainly, but after buying a Fender 50's Strat!
I'm planning to sell my PRS Custom 24 to get the money back that I did and will spend for two guitars, Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 and the Strat.
I think that having two guitars for different styles is better than having one guitar which claims to do everything.
My only hope is not to get that dark shitty di again with my Schecter, the blue beauty. It will arrive tomorrow.
If that happens, I will lose all my hope and maybe stop playing... :(

I'll buy that pack, certainly, but after buying a Fender 50's Strat!
I'm planning to sell my PRS Custom 24 to get the money back that I did and will spend for two guitars, Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 and the Strat.
I think that having two guitars for different styles is better than having one guitar which claims to do everything.
My only hope is not to get that dark shitty di again with my Schecter, the blue beauty. It will arrive tomorrow.
If that happens, I will lose all my hope and maybe stop playing... :(

Big mistake ertan! Get a Mexican Strat to accompany that PRS! You will regret the rest of your life letting that Custom 24 go. That's my opinion though. :)

PRS Custom 24 does not sound like Fender or Gibson. It sounds better than either of those two. And plays nicer. It's the best guitar in the world IMO.

Big mistake ertan! Get a Mexican Strat to accompany that PRS! You will regret the rest of your life letting that Custom 24 go. That's my opinion though. :)

PRS Custom 24 does not sound like Fender or Gibson. It sounds better than either of those two. And plays nicer. It's the best guitar in the world IMO.

If I get a healthy signal from the Schecter, than I will get the Strat, and maybe keep the PRS after returning to their original pickups. Then I will be in tone heaven! My problem is, that with the PRS + BKP's, my signal is extremely dark, more than necessary. They didn't fit each other or there is a problem somewhere that even affects my playing! You can hear it from here: https://soundcloud.com/ertan-ertang-n/sets/di-test

Thanks for the comment though, I will get the stock pickups plugged in to the PRS and try it again. A confession to myself, I don't want to let it go away either :)

If I get a healthy signal from the Schecter, than I will get the Strat, and maybe keep the PRS after returning to their original pickups. Then I will be in tone heaven! My problem is, that with the PRS + BKP's, my signal is extremely dark, more than necessary. They didn't fit each other or there is a problem somewhere that even affects my playing! You can hear it from here: https://soundcloud.com/ertan-ertang-n/sets/di-test

Thanks for the comment though, I will get the stock pickups plugged in to the PRS and try it again. A confession to myself, I don't want to let it go away either :)

All three of my PRS guitars are completely stock and honestly I don't feel the need to change the pickups at all. The stock pickups are really good. I've had a few BKP pickups in my guitars but I don't own any of them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom