"Don Henley says the Eagles are done & Will Not Reunite With Glenn Frey's Son"

Toopy14

Axe-Master

"Henley says a reunion “would just seem like greed or something,” says Henley. “It would seem like a desperate thing.”"

"Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Deacon Frey and Vince Gill – are bringing their recent, highly acclaimed “Hotel California” performances on tour in 2020 with concerts in Atlanta, New York, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco and Los Angeles."

https://eagles.com/

Pretty sure if you look-up greed in the dictionary, there's a picture of Henley next to the definition!

Don't get me wrong. I love their music...Hotel California was one of the first albums I bought when I was a kid, back in 1976. I was also fortunate to see them, twice, one of the shows was the "Hell Freezes Over" tour...you know, the last time they would NEVER reunite! lol

"Henley says a reunion “would just seem like greed or something,” says Henley. “It would seem like a desperate thing.”"

"Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Deacon Frey and Vince Gill – are bringing their recent, highly acclaimed “Hotel California” performances on tour in 2020 with concerts in Atlanta, New York, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco and Los Angeles."

https://eagles.com/

Pretty sure if you look-up greed in the dictionary, there's a picture of Henley next to the definition!

Don't get me wrong. I love their music...Hotel California was one of the first albums I bought when I was a kid, back in 1976. I was also fortunate to see them, twice, one of the shows was the "Hell Freezes Over" tour...you know, the last time they would NEVER reunite! lol

No doubt about theIr revenue-generating motives.....but the truth is , they sounded fantastic in this lineup when I saw them last year, and if I were Henley, I
would milk it for all its worth, cuz it looks like fun up there, especially when Joe
rips it up.

Love Joe Walsh. Not only is he an incredible guitar player, he's absolutely hilarious. Just watch his YouTube video on how to setup a Gibson Les Paul! The video is hilarious but it's a great video to learn how to setup a guitar!
I’ve been following his bizarre career and life since I saw James Gang live in one of my first rockshows in 69 or 70 ..still one of the loudest things ive ever heard.

The Eagles just announced a multi-city run in 2020 promising to play the complete "Hote California" album in it's entirety. Not a fan of The Eagles personally, but I'd love to see Joe Walsh live again.

Been a fan since before my teens, back to “Already Gone” era. I’ve never had the chance to see them, though, and doubt I’ll be able to get tickets to the Houston show, but I’d damn sure go if I had the opportunity.

Like that Sean Connery James Bond movie's title said, never say never again. Time heals all wounds, makes people forget or think differently of the great arguments and fight you had in the past. It might help you rekindle the friendship and magic you once had. And yes, getting shitloads of money for it never hurts either. All the more so since the vast majority of solo careers never deliver the same kind of success artists had while still in their former bands. Typecasting is not just a thing that happens to actors, it happens to musicians as well. Fans WANT to see you inside that band, not solo outside. And of course the sum of the parts is greater then the whole. Without that pushback and feedback you get from bandmates who is going to call you out on your bullshit and tell you to do better?

If I wanted to go to a political rally, the last thing I would do is pay $120/ticket to see The Eagles. Plenty of that stuff to be had for free. On their last last tour, people got up and left in droves once Henley started on one of his rants.

I saw them Hotel California tour open for Pink Floyd glad ive got the memory.
ate some paper on the 50 yard line of outdoor stadium and thought id been ripped off
and thats when the giant pig floated over head and turned over on its side soon as the
giant porker rolled the paper kicked in. I never knew either band was so funny.....

Back
Top Bottom