Don Felder

Wow, thanks so much for posting this. I wish I had this all those years ago when I spent hours trying to learn this song from the record. I'm really envious of beginning players and all of the resources at their disposal. Also, Don's tone is amazing! Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Thanks I enjoyed that. It reminded me of Lifeson's instructional videos, in that both seem to really enjoy talking about their songs, instead of it being a chore, as with so many "guitar heroes".

Thanks I enjoyed that. It reminded me of Lifeson's instructional videos, in that both seem to really enjoy talking about their songs, instead of it being a chore, as with so many "guitar heroes".

Isn't that the truth... One of the things I really like about Don, he seems be as down to earth as they get when it comes to iconic musicians.

Without a doubt, one of the most flawlessly phrased and executed, TASTY guitar solos OF ALL TIME!!!

I must now humbly admit to my parents that it was Don and not Joe who wrote that solo.

(...tail between legs...)

Having just watched the latest Eagles doc and looking forward to an Eagles show (minus D.F.) I have tickets to in July, my love of Don Felder's tone from those days resurfaced. I'd like to try and re-produce that very smooth distorted tone in the AxeFx.

Tips welcomed. (I'm wondering what's the closest thing to a Fulltone OCD in the Axe?, / to me the Deluxe Tweed sounds more "Felder like" than the Deluxe Reverb out of the box but we'll see after some tinkering).

FYI - for those interested, here is a Don Felder gear rundown video I found on youtube which I had not seen before.

Last edited:
(I'm wondering what's the closest thing to a Fulltone OCD in the Axe?, / to me the Deluxe Tweed sounds more "Felder like" than the Deluxe Reverb out of the box but we'll see after some tinkering).

Isn't the Full OD the modled OCD drive pedal?

Wow, seems like such a super nice guy. Really tasty player and just SO down to earth. Other "superstar" guitar players could learn a thing or two from his humbleness .....

I also sectretly wish they still made Music Videos like this one for "Bad Girls" too!:
Don Felder - Bad Girls - YouTube

I recently read Don's book and it was a fantastic read. He didn't deserve the treatment he got from Frey and Henley but ultimately he's better off out of that band. He easily gets into my top 10 inspirational players for his amazing phrasing and sense of melody.

Back
Top Bottom