Does this exist? (personal "more me" mixer with mic and monitor throughs)

gdgross

Experienced
Subject says it all. Is there such a thing in existence?

I did find the Polsen PMA-1, which is almost there. I'd like one more channel to mix in.

Of course, I could construct my own version of this from various mic splitters and headphone amps and mixers, but it sure would be nice to have in one little compact unit.

I drew a little block diagram to show my use case :cool:

headphone splitter amp GG.jpg

Thanks!

We used a monitor mixer from MyMix. It’s not exactly what you have drawn there, but allows you to give yourself only what you want from the main mixer, with the ability to input a line in if needed. Worked very well.

Alternately, you can accomplish the same thing if your mixer has enough aux sends to supply your desired mix. Again, not your request, but a possible way forward.

These both assume your using your (or your band’s) mixer. If you’re playing on house mixers, it’s back to square one.

I suspect you would get phase issues when you have a direct you mixed with a monitor you that has gone through the desk. Might not be noticeable but as long as you are wishing for the perfect mixer should have a variable delay on the direct you

I use a Rolls PM351 for this - both my vocals and my stereo guitar signal go through it, and I get a band mix back from the PA (with my vocals and guitar muted, so I can set them at whatever level I want).

Thanks all -

looks like the Rolls PM351might be the ticket! Gotta be simple to set up, this is for our lead singer who's not super techy. Possibly one for myself too, and I'm always running on limited bandwidth at shows, haha, so easy setup is a plus for me too!

Back
Top Bottom